Sign in to follow this  
fordperf

Noob from West Caldwell

Just saying hello!

I first went shooting last year at RTSP and I loved it. I had never fired a handgun before, but wound up renting a Baretta 92FS, Sig P250, and a Remington R1S.

My dad was in the Navy and went on to compete in shooting competitions with a High Standard and won many awards. I can't afford the pistol he used, so I settled on a Ruger Mark III Competition which I am in the process of obtaining.

I also would love to pick up a Sig P220 Stainless Elite, if I didn't have to sell a kidney for it lol. I fell in love with the R1S at the range, it might be the first .45 I pick up after the Ruger.

I plan on taking some training courses at RTSP, and I do believe that owning a gun is a responsibility that should be taken seriously with proper training and storage. I'm looking forward to the whole process and hopefully will have more to talk about in the forums!

Thanks! Honestly I had no idea that was there, that is much closer to me than RTSP actually. Have you been there? Thoughts?

Welcome to the boards.  To answer your question about the Woodland Park/GFH Range, I can guarantee you will love it!

Hello West Caldwell! I am glad you had a good experience at our facility. Funny, I to live in West Caldwell on Lane Ave. our place is exactly 19 miles from my driveway and as you know it is an easy drive. I go down near Anthony's place to kennel my dog and it is about 5-10 minutes closer. Either way you can't go wrong. See you at 7-11 lol.