JrzyGuy30

doctors asking children about parents and firearms

They are just basic questions. At my appointments I have been asked stupid questions. Do you drink, how much, smoke, drugs, multiple partners, practice safe sex. I got chewed out for not wearing seat belts. I think we have just gotten to sensitive to anything with gun in it. I could understand them voicing concern about safe lead handling and storage. I understand that they are our kids and we should raise them as needed, but let's face it, in the general population there is way to many people that are to stupid to have kids. If my doctor asked I would have no problems answering the question. Should you have to answer it? No. If your not comfortable don't answer it. I could give a crap who knows that I have guns. My eye docter knows and the first thing she asked was if i needed safety glasses. Not everybody is out to get us. It's not like your keeping it hidden from "the man" anymore. In today's times they know who is armed. They might not know how many or what kind, but they know who is armed. Where I live is not your typical NJ. We still have small town values and the majority of people still care about their neighbors. There is a very high rate of gun ownership in my town so maybe that is why I feel the way I do.

But all the pro-gun people I know are normal people too — people so normal that nobody knows they’re gun people until they’re told.

I've had a client since 1991 or 1992.  He was at my wedding for crying out loud.  I've known him forever.

I was at his place recently and he noticed the tan on my face..."Hey, you got some sun."  Yeah, we were at the range.  His eyes lite up and we got to talking.  Pretty soon 5 or 6 people aer in the convesation.

Turns out that I never knew he was a bullseye shooter as a kid...pretty good one too.  He's since joined my range and while it hasn't happened yet, we keep threatening to shoot with one another.

Fellow shooters are everywhere, from all walks of life. 

Its not a doctor's place to ask about guns for government records - it's really that simple.  Do they ask you if you keep Clorox in the house and how do you store it and then report that to the government?  Do they ask if you leave dirty laundry laying on the stairs where a kid could trip on them?  Do they ask if you check your tire pressure monthly and replace your windshield wipers?  Do they ask if you have a can of gasoline in your garage for your lawn mower?  You get the point, they are asking about guns not because they care but because big brother has given them a check box to fill out.

Its not a doctor's place to ask about guns for government records - it's really that simple.  Do they ask you if you keep Clorox in the house and how do you store it and then report that to the government?  Do they ask if you leave dirty laundry laying on the stairs where a kid could trip on them?  Do they ask if you check your tire pressure monthly and replace your windshield wipers?  Do they ask if you have a can of gasoline in your garage for your lawn mower?  You get the point, they are asking about guns not because they care but because big brother has given them a check box to fill out.

LYtZiio.gif

This is a problem, its liberal groups pushing their influence to "discuss" their beliefs on your children/spouse. Who normally takes the kids to the doctor? Usually it is not the gun owner. Of great worry is now this information is not private, your doctor is required by law to keep electronic medical records, and this information is open to everyone from the I.R.S. to agencies youve never heard of.

I also don't understand all the secrecy some people have about being a gun owner. Maybe the antis wouldn't feel the desire to own a gun is so absurd if they realized just how many of their friends, neighbors, co-workers and other people they consider 'normal' actually owned them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I also don't understand all the secrecy some people have about being a gun owner. Maybe the antis wouldn't feel the desire to own a gun is so absurd if they realized just how many of their friends, neighbors, co-workers and other people they consider 'normal' actually owned them.

It's the secret society. I agree though. I think the more that people see we are normal people from all walks of life the less afraid people would become. The stereotype is that we are all a bunch of lunatics. Anything to help counteract this is beneficial to us all.

What government records?  They are asking about guns so they can help educate people to ensure guns are kept safely stored to prevent kids accidentally shooting.  If people kept their guns so that kids didn't shoot accidentally there would be no reason to ask the question and we wouldn't be discussing it. 

A pediatrician's job is to diagnose potential problems to a child's well-being. The question isn't being logged into some kind of government database so they can confiscate your guns. It's a standard question just like asking about a pool, or chemicals, or stairs, or anything else that can be potentially abused by a young child.

Except that with the affordable care act, your entire medical record is in a database, and that database is open to basically the entire executive branch without a warrant. That questionnaire for the pediatrician, unless I'm mistaken, is just like the medical history questionnaire for an adult, and thus part of your electronic medical record. 

I find that intrusively unnecessary, and think it is wrong. For myself, I find questions about gun ownership the least intrusive part of it. If the question bothers you, you can answer no without adversely affecting your medical treatment. However, the rest of your medical hsitory is now effectively public information despite such things as HIPPA. It's a scumbag move that only makes sense if you are cut from the same cloth as uberfuhrer bloomberg. 

It's the secret society. I agree though. I think the more that people see we are normal people from all walks of life the less afraid people would become. The stereotype is that we are all a bunch of lunatics. Anything to help counteract this is beneficial to us all.

Exactly!!!!

This film, just forwarded to me by one of my editor friends, might shed some light on it.  This is a video done by a netherlands television station after that young child was killed by her brother with his Cricket rifle.

"My First Rifle"  I think it isn't too bad.  They could have found better kids to talk to but clearly they push the anti agenda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5NrEb1Wx0A&feature=share&list=SPlGSlkijht5g8zgeVd7mq1l0y5yK43har

slightly off topic..........i got a call from a rep for my new shop insurance......one of the questions i was asked is if i keep guns at the shop. i told her i didn't, as i don't right now.......i then called my agent and asked him why that was on there. he said something like "well they're worried if someone breaks into your shop,, that they may accidentally get shot."

OK this as an extremely easy solution, if you are worried about it that much just answer the question "No", problem solved. Now in reality those of you are who are worried about it, let me put your mind at unease, it's stupid being worried about it considering we are in NJ, or have you forgotten about that fpid that you all have. Not only that but considering that we now know for a fact that the NSA records pretty much every thing online, all they would need to do is a simple search for people that have bought ammo online, and they would have most of your names.

very true.....i asked the lady today why they asked me that. she said it was the same as asking if i had a dog here......they wanted to know anything that may be a threat to someone coming into my shop.

i told her that while i don't keep any here, that if i did, virtually the only people that would need to worry, would be those who would enter the premiss for nefarious purposes.