cmandp

Help with applying for FPID

I just got back from my police department.  The clerk wanted me to sign both forms (STS 33 and SP66) with her present, so that scraped the STS 33 as I had already signed and dated.  I am currently a full time college student and have no job (did not tell her this), she wanted "unemployed" under the employer section if I was as such.  To me it seems to put me in a negative light, which I don’t like. I also got the finger print form, but I am really hesitant to give this Morphotrak company any information let alone my finger prints.  They ask for, among other things, social security number as well as occupation, employer name and address.  From reading the form it seems if you show up to be fingerprinted with an “incomplete” form you will be out $11 plus your time, no exceptions.  Any guidance on how to fill this form out with the minimal amount of info and the fingerprinting process in general?   I was already uneasy about this whole process, but the fingerprinting part has noticeably added to it.

I put unemployed when I applied since I was a full time college student and my local PD had no issues with it.  Actually its one less step in the process for them.  AS far as morphotrack every had to do that just fill it out completely and send it in.  I did mine on line, so much easier.

As everyone else said, unemployed has no bearing on your application. It's "shall issue". You can only be denied for the statutory reasons (convicted felon, domestic violence, mental health, etc).

As for morphotrack, they're the company we all had to use. Just fill out the form and get printed.

And then get ready to wait...

Morpho is the state's fingerprint place.  Either do it, or move to a different state and buy a firearm.

This process warrants full disclosure, if you're not ready to give that then you're going to be hard pressed to get your FID and P2P, assuming you want a pistol.

Why are you trying to avoid putting information in?

Morpho is the state's fingerprint place.  Either do it, or move to a different state and buy a firearm.

This process warrants full disclosure, if you're not ready to give that then you're going to be hard pressed to get your FID and P2P, assuming you want a pistol.

Why are you trying to avoid putting information in?

Assemblyman Cryan, welcome to the forums.  :hi: