Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

This article nails nj on the head

North Carolina just did away with its estate tax and lowered its state income tax. I know that because my wife told me. My BIL invited us down to NC to "enjoy the NC lifestyle" and look at houses next month.

I think my wife may be warming up to the idea of a second home in NC.

I telecommute and she's now retired.

We have a daughter who works in NYC, and still have a few elderly relatives here, so I don't think we could completely move down to NC. Yet.

Was just down there... NC is sure on our short list if we can"t have Az... One warning... Finding ammo down there is till a pain but gun rights are almost perfect... :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Umm, folks, I would just like to point out that you are giving the "anti's" EXACTLY what they want, if you are ready to flee the state. They hate us, they think we are mentally defective in some way simply for thinking guns are anything but death machines ready to start spraying bullets randomly at a moments notice. They WANT all of us to just go away, leave them to their "Utopian" gun-free "collective".

The more of you who leave, the tighter "their" grip will be on this state. The SMART thing to do, would be to suck it up just a little longer, rally everyone you know all across the country, to move TO NJ, and register to vote. I realize that not everyone could do it, but many probably could. You only need to live in NJ for 30 days, to vote here. I'll bet there are people across the country who are a.) retired and free to move as they please, or b.) have a months vacation saved up at work.

It would be best if it were a massively coordinated effort, to :

1.) make sure we put enough people in the right districts. No sense in wasting "warm bodies" in areas that are routinely red anyway. It looks like we would need to take away 5 seats from the DUMB-ocrats, to take their senate majority. It would be best to focus on currently blue districts that have a relatively low populations, as it would take fewer "ringers" to take the elections there. Of course, focusing on taking out Sweeney (District 3 - rural south west Jersey - easy!), Buono (District 18), and Weinberg (District 37), and perhaps Richard Codey (District 27). That's 4 right there. The last of the required 5 could be chosen based on either who is the biggest threat, or which district would be easiest to take.

2.) Coordinating things such as cheap housing (perhaps some like minded landlords could be helpful here - especially owners/managers of apt. complexes), helping people get registered, or even just acclimating to there new "homes" would make things more likely to succeed.

Why has this not occurred to anyone before? Yes, if handled wrong, it could be considered voter fraud. But, as long as everything is done to the letter of the law, we could DECIMATE the liberals. There is no reason why would even need to stop at 5 seats, if we had enough participants. We could wipe them off he political map almost instantly. Repeal of AWB? Done!, NFA weapons? Done!, Shall Issue CCW? Done!  Lower taxes, Less corruption, Reigning in power hungry out-of-control local "governments"? Done! 

Oh please. All they have to do is attract more takers with welfare and free giveaways and they will keep us outnumbered and oppressed. Not to mention more illegals by the boatload every day who come in and promptly drop anchor babies and will reliably vote democrat.

Oh please. All they have to do is attract more takers with welfare and free giveaways and they will keep us outnumbered and oppressed. Not to mention more illegals by the boatload every day who come in and promptly drop anchor babies and will reliably vote democrat.

Well, first, it would have to be kept somewhat "quiet" to prevent them for being able to "counter-attack" before its to late.

Second, immediately upon taking control, "our side" would have move to remove/repeal the legal mechanisms for those "give-aways" and freebies. That would then swiftly be followed by voting regulations/reforms, as well as other methods/tactics to insure that illegals are NOT voting, and, as much as possible, are being discouraged from coming here. As long as "our team" have a clear majority, and control of the senate and the governors office (plus why not go for as many local offices as possible at the same time), it makes it much easier to tell the feds to take their opinions and "regulations" on "profiling", coddling of illegals,and opposition to voter id,etc...  and shove it up their you-know-whats. 

Don't run away. Stay and fight!

You are losing it if you think that is the ultimate solution. When my wife retires, I'm outa here, ( or sooner if we ever win the lottery)... It's not about guns or have you not read the whole article? When it's time to retire, I may not be able to afford to stay here!

And whether you believe it or not, there ain't nothing on his F-ing planet that will fix NJ!

Taxes will never go down, population will continue to rise till your neighbor is literally in your back pocket. Insurances will double, etc. your benefits are trashed and they continue to give them to the scum that never worked or are illegally here. Prisons are full not just because there is a lot of crime, but because we have these pussy bleeding heart liberals and sheeple that believe in them. When one crooked politician is bumped, another will replace him...

This guys article barely touches NJ's freaken issues! It's the armpit of the US and it's politicians have very little left to destroy... I can only hope I can survive long enough.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Don't run away. Stay and fight!

No problem! If I'm not there in time, start without me.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Umm, folks, I would just like to point out that you are giving the "anti's" EXACTLY what they want, if you are ready to flee the state. They hate us, they think we are mentally defective in some way simply for thinking guns are anything but death machines ready to start spraying bullets randomly at a moments notice. They WANT all of us to just go away, leave them to their "Utopian" gun-free "collective".

The more of you who leave, the tighter "their" grip will be on this state. The SMART thing to do, would be to suck it up just a little longer, rally everyone you know all across the country, to move TO NJ, and register to vote. I realize that not everyone could do it, but many probably could. You only need to live in NJ for 30 days, to vote here. I'll bet there are people across the country who are a.) retired and free to move as they please, or b.) have a months vacation saved up at work.

1.) make sure we put enough people in the right districts. No sense in wasting "warm bodies" in areas that are routinely red anyway. It looks like we would need to take away 5 seats from the DUMB-ocrats, to take their senate majority. It would be best to focus on currently blue districts that have a relatively low populations, as it would take fewer "ringers" to take the elections there. Of course, focusing on taking out Sweeney (District 3 - rural south west Jersey - easy!), Buono (District 18), and Weinberg (District 37), and perhaps Richard Codey (District 27). That's 4 right there. The last of the required 5 could be chosen based on either who is the biggest threat, or which district would be easiest to take.

2.) Coordinating things such as cheap housing (perhaps some like minded landlords could be helpful here - especially owners/managers of apt. complexes), helping people get registered, or even just acclimating to there new "homes" would make things more likely to succeed.

Why has this not occurred to anyone before? Yes, if handled wrong, it could be considered voter fraud. But, as long as everything is done to the letter of the law, we could DECIMATE the liberals. There is no reason why would even need to stop at 5 seats, if we had enough participants. We could wipe them off he political map almost instantly. Repeal of AWB? Done!, NFA weapons? Done!, Shall Issue CCW? Done!  Lower taxes, Less corruption, Reigning in power hungry out-of-control local "governments"? Done! 

this is supremely unrealistic .. ppl spending money and time to save a state that is not there own... lol ridiculous 

You are losing it if you think that is the ultimate solution. When my wife retires, I'm outa here, ( or sooner if we ever win the lottery)... It's not about guns or have you not read the whole article? When it's time to retire, I may not be able to afford to stay here!

And whether you believe it or not, there ain't nothing on his F-ing planet that will fix NJ!

Taxes will never go down, population will continue to rise till your neighbor is literally in your back pocket. Insurances will double, etc. your benefits are trashed and they continue to give them to the scum that never worked or are illegally here. Prisons are full not just because there is a lot of crime, but because we have these pussy bleeding heart liberals and sheeple that believe in them. When one crooked politician is bumped, another will replace him...

This guys article barely touches NJ's freaken issues! It's the armpit of the US and it's politicians have very little left to destroy... I can only hope I can survive long enough.

Typos courtesy Apple...

agreed.

I admire your spirit but I think long term I'm out of here. Not just for gun rights but property taxes too.

thats how i feel .. im goin 1st because of taxes and the giving away of those taxes to scumbags 2nd gun rights 3rd SPACE!! jersey is over populated its too much...

You certainly have a novel idea, and I admire your ingenuity..............but it will never work. As other have pointed out, you'll never get enough people to move here to effect change on our behalf. Even if you could, the big problem is that there isn't likely to be enough staunch pro 2A challengers for this upcoming election to replace the douchebag Democrats we want out. So, that would mean you would need to have people vote in the primary as well as the general election, a minimum 7 month commitment. Even if we could vote them out, you're giving politicians too much credit, do you really think that they would move quickly on any of this?

I agree people moving out of state is self defeating, but I can understand why people would want to, when I'm ready to retire I'll be looking for a more laid back lifestyle, where my NJ earned dollars will go farther.

"Killing the golden goose" comes to mind. Taxes are a big part of people's desire to move out of New Jersey -- probably more than the 2A issues. You just don't want to die a New Jersey resident because of the estate tax.

Our taxes leave with us when we leave. And gun owners have higher average incomes than gun non-owners, so they pay more taxes on average.

nizmqqsh2ewwqumlxgij7a.gif

North Carolina isn't even a particularly 2A-friendly state. It requires pistol-purchase permits and doesn't allow NFA firearms.

In the execution of its laws it's about a bazillion times better than New Jersey, though.

Can't wait to wipe my feet of this place.The laws suck both Gun laws and others. Taxes are off the charts for what we get in return. This so called shared services thing everyone seems to love is just another way of transferring wealth from the workers to the deadbeats. If it gains traction it will be a horror.

Then look at Detroit and there unfunded pension obligations then ccompare it to ours. That alone will tell you that taxes will skyrocket in the future.

I do love where I live. However the ink wont even be dry on my reretirement papers when I'll be heading out of here.

My only hope is I can convince my daughter to get out as well. There is no future in a place where the politicians ignore the will of the working people and always find the answer is raising taxes.

"Killing the golden goose" comes to mind. Taxes are a big part of people's desire to move out of New Jersey -- probably more than the 2A issues. You just don't want to die a New Jersey resident because of the estate tax.

Our taxes leave with us when we leave. And gun owners have higher average incomes than gun non-owners, so they pay more taxes on average.

North Carolina isn't even a particularly 2A-friendly state. It requires pistol-purchase permits and doesn't allow NFA firearms.

In the execution of its laws it's about a bazillion times better than New Jersey, though.

I like Florida.  No state income tax.  

One huge thing I like to compare is roadways. 

NJ's roads suck. How can a state like FL have every road and bridge in excellent shape, have no income tax, and low property taxes, while here in NJ we're taxed to death and everything is in terrible condiiton.

The pattern in North Carolina has been that the areas where the retirees move from the liberal Northeastern states have become more conservative, at least in their voting.

2008-2012%20Governor%20Results%20-%20Cou

Over presidential election cycles since 1996, the areas of the state where the "old" North Carolinians live have become bluer -- but not as fast as the coastal areas that attract retirees have been getting redder.

http://www.indexmundi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/presidential-election-results-us-nc-1996-2012.png

Florida probably attracts a more liberal demographic from the Northeast than the Carolinas do.

Still, none of this migration of people, skills and wealth bodes well for the future of ultra-liberal states in the Northeast -- New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Jersey.

One huge thing I like to compare is roadways. 

NJ's roads suck. How can a state like FL have every road and bridge in excellent shape

No salt trucks in the winter and no frost heaves?

Florida's recent voting pattern is a little disturbing to me.

My wife has expressed some interest in Florida However, two of her brothers live in NC and the drive from NJ is longer, so Florida is a less likely choice.

The pattern in North Carolina has been that the areas where the retirees move from the liberal Northeastern states have become more conservative, at least in their voting.

2008-2012%20Governor%20Results%20-%20Cou

Over presidential election cycles since 1996, the areas of the state where the "old" North Carolinians live have become bluer -- but not as fast as the coastal areas that attract retirees have been getting redder.

http://www.indexmundi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/presidential-election-results-us-nc-1996-2012.png

Florida probably attracts a more liberal demographic from the Northeast than the Carolinas do.

Still, none of this migration of people, skills and wealth bodes well for the future of ultra-liberal states in the Northeast -- New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Jersey.

No salt trucks in the winter and no frost heaves?

Florida's recent voting pattern is a little disturbing to me.

My wife has expressed some interest in Florida However, two of her brothers live in NC and the drive from NJ is longer, so Florida is a less likely choice.

And no huge pension costs for there Govt workers. I Just was listening to my State Trooper neighbor cry that he has to pay 9% toward his pension.

I pointed out that  Trooperspay no social security tax so the actual number is 3%. Then he started blubbering about how it did not matter cause when he started out it was free and how NJ broke iit's promise to him.LOL My response was see if he could get me a deal like that. Factor that in times 100,000 workers plus cities like Camden and Newark where 78% of the population is on the dole and you get rusty bridges.