raz-0

CJUSPSA 08-11-2013 special classifier.

Who said anything about walking through a classifier? It was a general response to your comment below.

I asked a simple and harmless question and your response was not helpful. There was no need to behave like a troll.

Butthurt much?

There are about 7 things to practice for 90% of the classifiers. We generally don't disseminate them before set up as it doesn't help much for anyone, and often opens up a can of worms.

Would a classifier special match be a good event for a first time shooter to experience USPSA? 

To me it would.  No running.  No 180 exposure.  No moving targets.

What do you think?

Also, any idea on round count?  I'd imagine low.

Round count is technically 58, but a number of the stages are comstock, so your mileage may vary. Unless they are joining, it's a premium price for not a lot of shooting. The only other issue is that I wouldn't regard a new shooter who only shot this as having been fully vetted as not a hazard. That judgment isn't done jsut at the new shooter session, but based on the performance during the match. 

Would a classifier special match be a good event for a first time shooter to experience USPSA? 

To me it would.  No running.  No 180 exposure.  No moving targets.

What do you think?

Also, any idea on round count?  I'd imagine low.

It should be a fairly safe way to introduce a new shooter for all the reasons you mentioned.  I'm assuming you're talking about your son.  I wish I had a dad that enjoyed shooting like you when I was growing up.

Yeah Mike...that's the guy.

I don't know if he's been practicing, but I don't think I'm going to suggest he attend on Sunday.  I'll work with him one more time at the range to see how he's progressed.  The probem with training with me is that he isn't permitted to draw from the holster.  I suppose we can do it unloaded. 

Hey Vlad, only my first gun scores (limited) are posted..  Any problems with the 2nd gun (production)?

Crap, I hate it when ezwinscore does that, I've reposted them, hopefully with all the entries.

Will these make it to the HQ before they turn the monthly numbers for classifications or is it too close to the 15th?

Too close. I need to give people a few days to make corrections, and realistically they have to be in before the 10th to make the run on the 15th, and that would be a neat trick.

I've played mostly IDPA until recently

I've known him since he was a new shooter not too long ago and he has improved a ton.  He didn't try to go blazing fast on the stages and had a very clean match with very little (if any) penalties.  That's definitley something I need to work on.