What would you go with for a generator conversion kit - NG or propane? 

Tri-fuel kit for all three sources.  Primary = NG, Secondary = gas or LP depending on what the situation at that time is.  (Is there power to local gas stations with a supply or will I need to use my gasoline reserve to go further?)  I've got to get my NG line extended and conversion kit installed.

The best bet is the tri fuel conversion for all three sources.

All you have to do is call a good plumber and they install a "nipple" on YOUR END of the gas line after the meter.

What would you go with for a generator conversion kit - NG or propane?  I have both available, but the NG would need some sort of plumbing, I would imagine.  If the NG line is still running, that would give me unlimited gas, whereas the 20 pound BBQ propane tanks will run out in a few days (I don't have space for a large tank anyway)

Doomsday was called off!!! However, hurricane season just started again...

I thought Doomsday was called off?

What would you go with for a generator conversion kit - NG or propane?  I have both available, but the NG would need some sort of plumbing, I would imagine.  If the NG line is still running, that would give me unlimited gas, whereas the 20 pound BBQ propane tanks will run out in a few days (I don't have space for a large tank anyway)

Be careful of what kind of long-shelf life food you are buying. Personally I buy & use dehydrated food. Some of the stuff offered by efoods direct and Wise are actually TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) and not meat. I too purchased sampler packs and thought they were disgusting. MREs are great for go-bags, but dehydrated is the way to go for shelter in place. Canning is always a good idea, and I recommend buying a pressure canner as opposed to the water bath method. You can can meats and alkaline foods in a pressure canner.

Talking of first aid kits...remember antibiotics. Ampicillin, Amoxicillin, Cipro....you can get virtually any antibiotic online from aquatic pet supply stores. These pills are produced from the same batches as the ones manufactured for human consumption. They have the identical markings. Verified in Physciains Desk Reference. A suture kit can come in handy too.

Have a adequate supply of no-rinse soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Virtually any store like Walgreens has it. I also stocked up on hand sanitizer, baby wipes, peroxide, and rubbing alcohol.

When SHTF, I don't want to be stuck in traffic, or roadside w/out gas trying to escape to the Poconos. NJ is full of morons. Our family has made the decision to shelter in place.

Durning sandy my 7000 watt gen ran for 12 days on a 100 gal LP tank.  when i got the tank refilled i had used 65gal ,   or 5.5 gal a day 12-14hr operation daily.

Why would you need electricity continuously? You wasted more than half the fuel on powering nothing. Should just run it an hour every four or five to keep the freezer cool and maybe a couple hours in the morning for showers and a couple at night for recreation and charging equipment before bed.

A suture kit can come in handy too.

A suture kit is good, as long as you know how to use it.

A simple solution is single use super glue ampules, that's all that surgical glue is. It works great for lacerations in low tension areas (scalp or any location not near a joint), but not recommended for deep lacerations.

As to how to use the sutures, I would suggest watching a few videos on YouTube and trying it out. The only challenge to proper sutures is getting the sequence right for the knot so it locks down under tension (square knot with a surgeon's loop). The best way I know to practice the knot sequence (how I learned) it to cut about a 4' length of nylon rope, loop it under your knees while sitting and practice tying the knot. When you have it tied, try to pull the knot apart with your knees. Keep practicing until the knots consistently hold and it's second nature. After that, try suturing either chicken skin (thin and not ideal) or pork skin (better).

All skills (survival and otherwise) are useless unless mastered. Practice might not make perfect, but it will definitely help one know what works versus what doesn't. That is why I want to take a refresher first aid course. I (thankfully) haven't needed those skills in almost 20 years, but who knows when next I will.

I am not a prepper...no generator...no solar...no stocked food...no rainwater catchment and purification system...no fertile, cultivated garden and composting setup...no guns and stored ammo...certainly no cash, or any sort of precious metals...crazy....

...so dont bother coming to my house in a disaster...I am clueless

I am not a prepper...no generator...no solar...no stocked food...no rainwater catchment and purification system...no fertile, cultivated garden and composting setup...no guns and stored ammo...certainly no cash, or any sort of precious metals...crazy....

...so dont bother coming to my house in a disaster...I am clueless

Where do you live ? So i can consciously avoid going there?

Be careful of what kind of long-shelf life food you are buying. Personally I buy & use dehydrated food. Some of the stuff offered by efoods direct and Wise are actually TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) and not meat. I too purchased sampler packs and thought they were disgusting. MREs are great for go-bags, but dehydrated is the way to go for shelter in place. Canning is always a good idea, and I recommend buying a pressure canner as opposed to the water bath method. You can can meats and alkaline foods in a pressure canner.

Talking of first aid kits...remember antibiotics. Ampicillin, Amoxicillin, Cipro....you can get virtually any antibiotic online from aquatic pet supply stores. These pills are produced from the same batches as the ones manufactured for human consumption. They have the identical markings. Verified in Physicians Desk Reference. A suture kit can come in handy too.

Have a adequate supply of no-rinse soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Virtually any store like Walgreens has it. I also stocked up on hand sanitizer, baby wipes, peroxide, and rubbing alcohol.

When SHTF, I don't want to be stuck in traffic, or roadside w/out gas trying to escape to the Poconos. NJ is full of morons. Our family has made the decision to shelter in place.

+1 for all of this. Men (myself included) always think guns, bullets, gas, generators. This is a great list of the other 99% of what people need to survive.

+1 for all of this. Men (myself included) always think guns, bullets, gas, generators. This is a great list of the other 99% of what people need to survive.

Its cliche but beans, bullets, and bandaids are the 3 major categories.