Sign in to follow this  
Albanian

Magnum Research's Micro Desert Eagle. *A few more pictures added to most recent post*

Or as I like to call it, The Sparrow.

Just got this today. Bought it off Gun Broker and it was expertly transferred by Chris at Bullseye Tactical.

I couldn't decide which Mouse Pistol 380 I wanted. I liked Seecamp as it was the smallest, but it is very picky with ammo and expensive. I thought maybe the P238 (I liked the Lady) but it was a bit too big and I felt I might not want to dirty it since it looks so nice. I went with the Micro Desert Eagle because I have heard almost nothing but good things about it. It is the second or third smallest pocket 380. It also is pretty cool and looks cool (to me).

Sorry for the bad pic quality. My camera was dead so I used my phone.

photo1_zps5166321f.jpg

photo2_zpsb07a6f9d.jpg

photo3_zps9ca1be25.jpg

photo4_zpsc0f412ec.jpg

I shot 50 rounds with it today (went to the range with my SKS, Glock22, and MDE, as well as my friend's GSG 522 and XD40, fun day) and it had no hiccups. Ran perfectly.

I really like the duel recoil spring and guide rod set up as well as the use of the gas blowback barrell.

I only used one box of pmc bronze with it and it fired all with no problems. From what I've read online it has no issues with ammo.

I had fun shooting it myself. I have heard people getting scraped skin but I didn't. Also it does have a long trigger pull.

Don't shoot your finger off. They digest ammo fine. Only issue seems to be frame cracking with early production runs. AS a blow back design, springs will seriously effect function, and at least in the past, spares were very hard to come by. 

It looks cool, but where is your index finger supposed to go on that..?

Smallest guns I've handled that I'd feel comfortable with are the Ruger LC9 or even better [but larger], Sig P239, but I have big hands.  If I could carry concealed, I might feel differently...

It looks cool, but where is your index finger supposed to go on that..?

What do you mean?  Then again, I have smallish hands so I don't notice a problem.

Yeah David it is cool and pretty unique given it's lack of popularity. Though it is a quality piece from what I can tell so far. gonna put another hundred to one hundred fifty rounds through it friday.