Templar

Extended quad rail help anyone make a

I have a DD Omega 7 (I think that is the rail that Jon is talking about) on my issued SBR COLT R0933. It is an easy install that requires ZERO disassembly of anything in your upper except the removal of the existing handguards, and allows complete free float of the rail enabling it to mount lasers, optics and slings without affecting accuracy.

Good peice of gear.

I have a DD Omega 7 (I think that is the rail that Jon is talking about) on my issued SBR COLT R0933. It is an easy install that requires ZERO disassembly of anything in your upper except the removal of the existing handguards, and allows complete free float of the rail enabling it to mount lasers, optics and slings without affecting accuracy.

Good peice of gear.

Correct. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/1058-wts-daniel-defense-omega-70-rail/

Dude, stop posting from your phone while driving 80mph on the highway.

Seriously though, what are you talking about? Talking about a two piece carbine lenght quad rail whose top rail is continuous with the upper a'la DD Omega? This would fit between the front sight base and the delta ring. 133317.jpg

Or are you referring to a free float rail that goes on top of the gas block where the delta ring is eliminated? If you can elaborate a little better, more people will help.

Lol, that's a funny image

UTG makes airsoft quality gear from inferior materials. Using their products on a real firearm is a crapshoot.

High exposure, I really appreciate the advice you give especially to new people but I have to disagree with this statement. While they do make a product generally tailored for the airsoft community some of their accessories are just fine for a non hard use set of gear. Their rails for example might be big and chunky and definitely not the best, they could be just fine for the plinker on a budget. I've heard their sights are also decent for the money

Fair enough, and you are right. Not everyone needs top of the line gear. I get that. As usual, my advice is given from the perspective of being used hard and the gear I recommend to anyone is going to be the same gear I would select for myself.

Either way, folks are going to get the gear that does what they need it to do that they can afford. Whether they are paying for gear that is the lowest price or best value is an important distinction, and falls under the heading of "buy once, cry once".

Cops are notoriously cheap, as such I see a lot of cheap gear bought on the premise that "it's as just as good as...." whatever quality gear that they don't want to pay for. I rarely see most of this gear last very long before it needs to be replaced. UTG items, rails specifically, are some of the more common items I see. They are typically out of spec and made of cheap metal that the mil-spec 1913 mounts won't mount to and often breaks under light to moderate use. I have seen VTAC light mounts, which are plastic, break off a chunk of UTG rail after hitting a door jam in training. I have seen UTG gear self disassemble under recoil.

Your UTG gear may be a good example, or you may have not yet used it past it's potential. Personally I demand gear that will stand up to hard use because I need it too.

Fair enough, and you are right. Not everyone needs top of the line gear. I get that. As usual, my advice is given from the perspective of being used hard and the gear I recommend to anyone is going to be the same gear I would select for myself.

Either way, folks are going to get the gear that does what they need it to do that they can afford. Whether they are paying for gear that is the lowest price or best value is an important distinction, and falls under the heading of "buy once, cry once".

Cops are notoriously cheap, as such I see a lot of cheap gear bought on the premise that "it's as just as good as...." whatever quality gear that they don't want to pay for. I rarely see most of this gear last very long before it needs to be replaced. UTG items, rails specifically, are some of the more common items I see. They are typically out of spec and made of cheap metal that the mil-spec 1913 mounts won't mount to and often breaks under light to moderate use. I have seen VTAC light mounts, which are plastic, break off a chunk of UTG rail after hitting a door jam in training. I have seen UTG gear self disassemble under recoil.

Your UTG gear may be a good example, or you may have not yet used it past it's potential. Personally I demand gear that will stand up to hard use because I need it too.

I may have bought cheap but I have magpul hand guard on my rifle. I was just saying :)

Hey, no complaints on the Magpul gear. I have Magpul MOE handguards on three of my ARs - two carbine length and one midlength. They get the job done, are inexpensive, well made, low weight, well though out, and have excellent direct mount accessories that let me put what I want, where I want it.

If all you are putting on a rifle is a light and a vert grip the MOE handguards are really all you need and at under $30 are an excellent value while not being cheaply made. I have abused my MOE handguards and they have not failed me yet.

I also have Daniel Defense Omega Rails on two others - one 7" carbine rail and one 9" midlength rail on guns that require more "stuff" on them that needs to be zeroed (and stay zeroed) and free-floated. They are also excellent value as they are stupid easy to install, relatively inexpensive and high quality.

Yes, the DD rails cost more than UTG (or other cheap/low quality) rails that allegedly "do the same thing". I will gladly pay the premium for the peace of mind that my laser will remain zeroed, my rail will not shift, my barrel is truly free floated so my sling tension and stabilizing on cover won't affect my accuracy, and my rail won't break, while using my gear hard in real life.

There is nothing much more embarrassing than a SWAT guy going back through a target house after the team has cleared and the investigators/detectives are conducting the inventory/investigation to pick up his gear when the budget rails on his rifle gave up the ghost in the target house and he had a "yard sale" while searching a bedroom for an armed bad guy. We call him JAG now - because "Hey, it is Just As Good"