Clintoon Eastwood

Carry handle scope suggestions, anybody use one?

IMG_3508.jpg

This is actually very comfortable to shoot. You still have the option to use the irons.

I am going to go out on a limb and say shenanigans to that being "comfortable" to shoot.

The height over bore has to be 5.5"-6". If you are doing anything other than bench shooting that will be a problem.

Even from a bench, serious precision is most likely an issue as you can not maintain a repeatable and consistent cheek weld to the stock.

IMG_3506.jpg

This is from a bench and just sighting in the scope for the first time with this mount at 100yards.

This is 10 rounds from 100 yards, in prone, while zeroing a brand new rifle that I had just finished building (BCM 16" flat-top mid-length upper with a standard barrel) equipped with a TA01NSN 4X ACOG in a standard height LaRue mount, enabling a proper cheek weld to the rifle that is repeatable and consistant.

5A54B7BC-0D66-477E-AF21-982DB79CC910-143

ETA: You have a flat top receiver. Why are you messing with that carry handle nonsense? Ditch the carry handle and mount the scope directly to the receiver and get the most out of your optic. You won't even see the fixed front sight post through the magnified optic, if that is your concern.

Edited by High Exposure

wweng,   Don't take what members are trying to tell you as criticism.  They are trying to help you. 

You will have better and more consistent results by doing what was recommended.

If you have a specific reason for your setup and/or are happy with it "as is" then by all means enjoy.  

I am going to go out on a limb and say shenanigans to that being "comfortable" to shoot.

The height over bore has to be 5.5"-6". If you are doing anything other than bench shooting that will be a problem.

Even from a bench, serious precision is most likely an issue as you can not maintain a repeatable and consistent cheek weld to the stock.

I am going to agree with you. 

weng, you should buy the models made for the carry handle ie. Colt, Hakko or the Israeli eyal.....seriously

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.