70gto

One more time Battlecomp vs BCM mod 1 compensators

Can we beat it to death one more time please? I Watched all the video's and read all I could find. I think they are very close. It seems the battle comp dips the muzzle and the BCM wants to move it sideways. Also is the Battlecomp more concussive than the BCM comp? Im looking for real world feedback, concussion, muzzle rise or dip, speed of follow up shots staying on target, etc. Just all around better comp in the hives opinion, if anybody has either, please give an opinion. If it matters its going on a LWRC 5:56.  Thanks Fellas. I hate buying stuff twice.

I have not used the bcm but have used the battlecomps and unimpressed.  I think the fsc556 is better than the battlecomp (have one on an lwrc) and the 2 port version of the pof brake.

Also, if you are set on that look, spikes has one that looks the same on the youtube videos.

Hey 70gto bought that stag upper from you a while back. Sears parking lot in Watchung. I looked at the Battlecomp but I went with the Spikes Dynacomp has a bit of a bark but as far as keeping the muzzle on target it works NICE.... your close enough we can meet up and you can take a look at it or we could head up to the range and try it out.......

Hey 70gto bought that stag upper from you a while back. Sears parking lot in Watchung. I looked at the Battlecomp but I went with the Spikes Dynacomp has a bit of a bark but as far as keeping the muzzle on target it works NICE.... your close enough we can meet up and you can take a look at it or we could head up to the range and try it out.....

Hey whats up how  you been?  Yeah I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.  Great videos , (I wonder what its like to live in a free state) As for the PWS guys, I was considering that one too, is the brakes bark excessive or more reasonable so that the guy next to you would want to choke you out at the end of carbine class? I know there is no magic do it all as far as brakes go.

I have 2 FSC556 and a BC 1.5

I really see/feel very little subjective difference between them. Definitely not an $80 difference (FSC ~$100 and BC ~$180)

To me the FSC seems to shoot just a bit flatter, but has more side blast. The BC has less felt recoil but doesn't flatten the muzzle as well.

I like them both and would put either on my rifles. But, given the price difference, I will stay with the FSC for now.

I have no experience with the BCM and as far as I know, there is still no decision on the BCM being a FH or a comp/brake as defined by NJ. The FSC556 and the BC are both known to be NJ approved.

Oh, and I am not a fan of that Corey guy (just his wife ;))

protip: every muzzle break video is useless. 

They all look flat shooting. Even no muzzle break with good technique looks flat shooting. What matters is the sight picture which they don't show. To put it in perspective, to miss an 8 inch plate, your dot (between 2-4moa depending on brand) has to move 1-2 diameters in any direction to miss the plate at 100 yards. This will look like a nice flat shooting rifle in profile from 10 feet away in a full frame shot.  Add to that that different comps work better/worse for different people depending on technique and ergonomics, and they are well and truly useless indicators of what functions. 

Exactly.^^^

Add to that the fact that subjectively everyone feels recoil differently and to different degrees.

The only real way to see what break is the "best" - to you - is to shoot them both side by side on identical guns with ammo from the same lot and make a decision based on your subjective impressions of each.

The brake that feels the "best" to you may be my least favorite.