RUTGERS95

Dissipator ARs

anyone build or buy one?  I just finished building one with spare parts and some bargains I found online.  Built it for less than $325!  I will add that $20 of that was a Condor Magazine Pouch.

I gotta say, I dig the look of this style of rifle.  Any other fans of these?

From a realistic stand point,  not necessary.

HOWEVER  I love them and I want one bad! 

Mine will just be an irons only range toy.  I have a complete lower, upper receiver, BCG, CH, and hanguards just waiting in the safe.  All I am waiting for is a deal on the specific barrel I want.

What barrel did you use?

From a realistic stand point,  not necessary.

HOWEVER  I love them and I want one bad! 

Mine will just be an irons only range toy.  I have a complete lower, upper receiver, BCG, CH, and hanguards just waiting in the safe.  All I am waiting for is a deal on the specific barrel I want.

What barrel did you use?

range and irons only toy. 

On this one, I went with a real cheap chrome molly barrel  that a buddy of mine used on his that has been fairly accurate.  He's hitting 6" steel plate at 250yds each shot.  I wanted to see how cheaply I could do this but still have some good parts.  Ironically, I only buy top end barrels regardless of builds but went with a alpha sports barrel for 109 that I bought a few weeks ago.  It's still on sale     http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/16-Chrome-Moly-556-Nato-Govt-Profile-Barrel-alp16govt556.htm

everything else is gtg, premium psa bcg, lwrc fcg, pm marked upper receiver, lower, etc etc....most spare parts left over

Yeah, to tell you the truth the only reason I bought that upper was because that was the only upper psa had in stock at the time. Had I known that it was going to take 11 months to get ID card I would have waited and gotten a better deal. Either way I love it. Here's a shot the day I picked up the lower and put it all together.Posted Image

Iron sights is THE reason to shoot a dissipator

The longer sight radius is a real plus!

I have a couple of Bushmaster 1/9 HBars among my herd and they don't get nearly the range time they deserve (yet!)

Those Bushy were the s**t back in the day!   Of course with flat top uppers and all the free float rail options out there now it does make them kind of obsolete for anything but irons as you stated.

range and irons only toy. 

On this one, I went with a real cheap chrome molly barrel  that a buddy of mine used on his that has been fairly accurate.  He's hitting 6" steel plate at 250yds each shot.  I wanted to see how cheaply I could do this but still have some good parts.  Ironically, I only buy top end barrels regardless of builds but went with a alpha sports barrel for 109 that I bought a few weeks ago.  It's still on sale     http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/16-Chrome-Moly-556-Nato-Govt-Profile-Barrel-alp16govt556.htm

everything else is gtg, premium psa bcg, lwrc fcg, pm marked upper receiver, lower, etc etc....most spare parts left over

I sold my Colt A2 Upper :cray:  so I am planning on using a flattop with an LMT rear sight or carry handle. 

I know yours was a budget build and I see you went with the carbine gas 16" barrel,  I plan on using a Mid-length gas LW 16" barrel which I see that company has listed as well.

Please give a range report on that barrel, I am curious.

I sold my Colt A2 Upper :cray:  so I am planning on using a flattop with an LMT rear sight or carry handle. 

I know yours was a budget build and I see you went with the carbine gas 16" barrel,  I plan on using a Mid-length gas LW 16" barrel which I see that company has listed as well.

Please give a range report on that barrel, I am curious.

I've shot my friends and it was fine.  He has it set up like mine but like I said, hittig 6" steel at 250 and 1 liter water bottles with it.  For irons, that's pretty damn good.  Figured I'd build this for a beater rifle.

I've shot my friends and it was fine.  He has it set up like mine but like I said, hittig 6" steel at 250 and 1 liter water bottles with it.  For irons, that's pretty damn good.  Figured I'd build this for a beater rifle.

Nice pic and Yes you did say that.  Sorry , I must of had a DSA. 

Nice "beater" rifle!

thx.....gonna zero it this weekend.

Forgot to add $10 as I needed a barrel nut.  I have to add the front sling adapter still.  I was thinking of changing the handguards but want to keep this cheap.  Any ideas for say something less than $50

Nice pic and Yes you did say that.  Sorry , I must of had a DSA. 

nah, I miss $hit all the time.  I have to say, for a cheap barrel the thing shot really well and looked well made.  I am not sure who makes them but read Centurion?  For $109, you can't go wrong

thx.....gonna zero it this weekend.

Forgot to add $10 as I needed a barrel nut. I have to add the front sling adapter still. I was thinking of changing the handguards but want to keep this cheap. Any ideas for say something less than $50

Magpul has handguards for 37 bucks or so. Those are the ones on my rifle.