Heavyopp

Anyone know where to find CCI Large Pistol Primers

Cabelas in Hamburg Pa had them this past Thursday. I think Wideners also had them over the weekend....

I did check Wideners, Grafs, Midsouth, Natchez, Midway, Sinclair, Powder valley -- all say no stock 

Cabelas is last resort -- Really need to be in trouble to make a separate trip out there to pay $40+ per box --  I guess I'm not that bad yet

I did get a promising PM  --  I'll see how it plays out

Let me know if you need help. I think I may have some, plus I am going to Lehigh Friday and may go to Cabellas after that.

Thanks Mike -- I think I'm under control at the moment --  Had a member PM me who has an unopened case of 5000 CCI LPP

Gonna meet at OB and do the deal  -- If it doesn't pan out I'll be in touch

Jer

They are still in stock at cheyane mountain.  I was just there today.  They also have a sale going on.  They are knocking $5.00 per brick off.  I have no idea what the total out the door price is.  I think the limit is off rite now too.  I saw a guy walking out of there with 3 bricks of small pistol primers.

Ken

They are still in stock at cheyane mountain.  I was just there today.  They also have a sale going on.  They are knocking $5.00 per brick off.  I have no idea what the total out the door price is.  I think the limit is off rite now too.  I saw a guy walking out of there with 3 bricks of small pistol primers.

Ken

Ken -- Cheyane is far for me -- especially to pay near $40 per K --  I'm meeting a guy at OBRPC on sunday who has an unopened case of 5000

Price isn't great but it's better than $40 per --

Now before this gets out of hand I don't blame the guy I'm buying from for the price -- He's right where everyone else is and it's probably near what they cost him

I just hate the fact, as a reloader for over 20 years, that we are all forced to pay these silly prices for components -- I'll do it to keep going, but I don't like it

Why cci? I use Tula not one problem ever just buy what's cheaper I use for pistol and rifle

I'll switch if I'm forced --  Been with CCI for a long time -- never a compromised primer and all my loads are worked with cci primers

Besides -- How much $$ are Tula and where are they available in Large Pistol --  I haven't seen much in LPP anywhere for realistic pricing

Ken -- Cheyane is far for me -- especially to pay near $40 per K --  I'm meeting a guy at OBRPC on sunday who has an unopened case of 5000

Price isn't great but it's better than $40 per --

Now before this gets out of hand I don't blame the guy I'm buying from for the price -- He's right where everyone else is and it's probably near what they cost him

I just hate the fact, as a reloader for over 20 years, that we are all forced to pay these silly prices for components -- I'll do it to keep going, but I don't like it

I know what you mean.  I just keep posting it in case you or anyone else reading this is getting desperate.  I really dont like substituting components either.  I have been reloading almost as long as you And am none too happy about the pricing either.  The one that I need and cant find very reliably at all is Winchester large rifle primers.  Like you said though, you can either pay it or park your guns.  I pay it and hate it too,

Ken

Besides -- How much $$ are Tula and where are they available in Large Pistol --  I haven't seen much in LPP anywhere for realistic pricing

The old Wolf primers were 15-17 per thousand, but apparently they had to lose the Wolf name and came up with WPA instead and both they and Tula are now on a par with everyone else pricewise.

I picked up my case of CCI LPP today --  Should keep me supplied  for awhile -- I'll still keep my eye out for more but I'm not desperate for the moment

I still like CCI -- but probably for no real reason other than that's what I use