OchoBlue

How many rounds...

Theres been several deals on 9mm lately from cabelas, freedom min., and sportsmans guide.

I never order offline. I know it saves in the long run but I just can't afford to drop that much at once. I know a place a little over a year ago that was $60 for 250 frangible 9mm. Miss those deals

I never order offline. I know it saves in the long run but I just can't afford to drop that much at once. I know a place a little over a year ago that was $60 for 250 frangible 9mm. Miss those deals

Not sure what you mean about dropping so much at once. You can have them ship one box if you want to. Also you can try to find someone on here who'll split an order with you.

What checko said. Most people on here are super nice. Split an order with someone or order from cabelas. Last week they had free shipping with no minimum. Freedom munitions had 500 rounds of 115 grain 9mm for about $140 shipped. I am sure someone would split that with you.

Stockpiling is all well and good, but keep in mind that in an emergency you can only use as many rounds as you can carry in a practicable manner.

I for one do not plan on lugging around a spam can of Mosin ammo!

Invest in stripper clips/magazines, as well as all the accoutrements that are required to comfortably carry said munitions.

I myself am currently torn between investing in A.L.I.C.E. or MOLLE systems at the moment, having withdrawn the old WWII stuff from consideration entirely.

Nice mindset.

What country you planning to wage war against?

:rolleyes:

Like it or not MOLLE and PALS were created at the behest of the US Military for the purpose of carrying the equipment a Soldier, Marine, Airman, or Sailor requires in battle. Ergo "Warfighting".

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch about. ;)

seriously though..  minimum of 3-4 mags for each semi auto handgun and probably a minimum of 5+ for each semi auto rifle..  that is, of course, if you can find them at any semblance of a reasonable price..  some of the prices for mags are crazy high, especially for less common guns..

i currently have 4 for my CZ 75B, 6 for my M&P 22 and 6 for my M&P 15-22 (shottie and revolver dont count, but i would definitely invest in either speed loaders or quick strips for a revolver)..   would love to get more of each, and will over time, but $$ dictates how many i can get...