7-3-2

any good safe deals coming up this week?

I am in the market for a new safe to begin expanding my collection, does anyone here know of any good deals that are going to be going on this next week or during the holiday season that I might want to take advantage of? Im trying to keep it in the $300 and lower range as it will actually be a gift from my wife after I spent more than that on a freaking watch lol. Thanks guys and happy holidays to you all!

7-3-2

I am in the market for a new safe to begin expanding my collection, does anyone here know of any good deals that are going to be going on this next week or during the holiday season that I might want to take advantage of? Im trying to keep it in the $300 and lower range as it will actually be a gift from my wife after I spent more than that on a freaking watch lol. Thanks guys and happy holidays to you all!

7-3-2

Harbor Freight...  Should be good enough for any "smash and grab" and then some.  Now, I'm now there are alot of HF haters out there but "to each its own".  I have one and like it alot especially the $247 out the door price...

GNqV1Ud.jpg

OQ321Z3.jpg

Do not get the green model.  The black is much improved (better door and locking system) and their newest model.  Check out the comments, you'll see pictures of the custom shelves that I'm talking about.

How big/heavy was that Harbor Freight safe?  How many guns can it hold?

I don't know but I had to call my neighbor to help me get it in the house lol.  I would say somewhere in the 200-250lbs range.  I currently only have 2 long guns in there but I also made a custom shelving system for more real estate.  You might get 8 comfortable in there.

That harbor freight actually looks like a pretty sweet deal, how heavy is it?

Im guessing 200-250lbs.... It's pretty solid in my opinion.  It's not fire resistant but I was buying a safe for $250 so I can't complain much.  No need to go on blackfriday, they have them in stock now for the price.  Just make sure you print out the 25% coupon.  If you don't have one, PM me and I'll send you the coupon.

250 pounds and the door comes off fairly easy to aid in moving it around yourself.

I picked one up at the Brick store over the summer, no tax.

Certainly not the best, but until I can afford the safe I want it will suffice to lock stuff up and be compliant when the kids are around.

The electronic keypad is convenient for my wall safe too, can program the same numbers.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2002/Bills/PL02/130_.HTM

C.2C:58-2.2 Findings, declarations relative to sale of handguns.

1. a. The Legislature finds:

New Jersey's commitment to firearms safety is unrivaled anywhere in the nation;

New Jersey was the first state to require retail dealers to include, as part of every handgun sale, either a State Police approved trigger lock or a locked case, gun box, container or other secure facility;

To encourage all firearms owners to practice safe storage, the State has waived all sales taxes on trigger locks, firearms lock-boxes and vaults and, under the "KeepSafe" program, offers an instant $5 rebate to all retail firearms purchasers who buy a compatible trigger locking device along with their firearm;