wkatsak

Acceptable Places for Handgun Transfer?

Hello,

I am new on the forum, and have tried the search tool, but I have not found a definitive answer to this question. I am currently trying to sell a couple of handguns that I brought with me when I moved from Pennsylvania.

I think I understand the procedure as far as completing the buyers permit to purchase, but one thing isn't quite clear with my reading of the law: where is a legally acceptable *location* to transfer a handgun? Does it always have to be at a range or the home of the buyer/seller? I don't see any other way that wouldn't go afoul of the possession laws.

Any insight on this?

Thanks,

Bill

usually go to a range. The reason being to shoot the pistol and inspect it more throughly with out making the other party uncomfortable. Besides I live in Newark, not to many people like doing transfers here except my local community gun vender OG Murder Mook and Lil Pook. I do hear of people doing them in other places like Diners.

In my order of preference:

1) Range

2) FFL

3) Current gun owner's residence

By the same token, I have done transfers in parking lots when necessary. 

Certainly we all have our guard up when this type of transaction is completed but it's much easier when it's someone we know.