Sign in to follow this  
RUTGERS95

tac tv

308 for me.....

I watch it and yes some are good and some are eh but I gotta say, I can't stand Larry Vickers.  there is just something about him I find unlikable. 

While he is highly decorated and I respect what he did for our country I understand what you are talking about. Sometimes I watch and I feel like he takes himself to seriously or something along those lines. I'll admit, he knows more then me.

no I get that and fully respect what he's done but his on air persona is tough to watch at times.  He definitely thinks his words are plated in gold.

I know a few of spec ops guys and very few them come off as he does.  Could be just his on air persona as I said.

Channel 462 optimum. I like the torture tests they do on popular guns. Good show. Almost everything on "Monday nite guns" is a show worth watching. If you dont already have Sportsmen channel I recommend it, if you hunt its a bonus because most of the other shows are hunting and fishing. 5pm weekdays is Cam & Co the NRA radio show. I DVR that also. Usually good info about gun laws, interviews and situations from around the country. Just my .02 on the Channel.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

308 for me.....

I watch it and yes some are good and some are eh but I gotta say, I can't stand Larry Vickers.  there is just something about him I find unlikable. 

I think it's called sportsman Channel and you have to pay for it on Cablevison. I agree with you something about him I don't like either. I cannot put my finger on it. I have read his training is top notch though.

Not to be rude, but his words are plated in gold!!! He has helped some of the worlds top manufacturers create and perfect weapons systems.

That is his on air personality. You have to be somewhat of an actor to have your own show.

I have met him and Ken Hackathorn and they are some of the most modest and stand up characters you will meet. Their training and teaching are second to none!

no I get that and fully respect what he's done but his on air persona is tough to watch at times.  He definitely thinks his words are plated in gold.

I know a few of spec ops guys and very few them come off as he does.  Could be just his on air persona as I said.

Wednesdays on outdoor channel are great too with, American Rifleman, Midway USA Rapid Fire, Impossible Shots, and another show I forget

Also, Shooting USA, Shooting Gallery and Best Defense. (I believe some of those are currently between seasons.)

Comcast 1631 Sportsman Channel. I DVR it and watch it at my leisure. Some of the episodes are cool but some are just ehh. 

Is he anywhere on "streaming video?"   Does he have a "Roku" channel that you know of?

I've seen some firearms related Roku private channels ("TriggerTalk"), but there's very little content on them and even fewer updates.

This^^^

I pay a ton for the hundreds of useless channels as it is, and they want HOW much more for the "sports" package that gets me the Sportsman's Channel? Screw it, trimming down to over-the-air and Internet only.

Get one of these.... Roku... It works wonders.   I cut my cable bill portion down to the bare essentials.

This^^^

I pay a ton for the hundreds of useless channels as it is, and they want HOW much more for the "sports" package that gets me the Sportsman's Channel? Screw it, trimming down to over-the-air and Internet only.

I think its like $5 extra a month. But well worth it IMO.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Not to be rude, but his words are plated in gold!!! He has helped some of the worlds top manufacturers create and perfect weapons systems.

That is his on air personality. You have to be somewhat of an actor to have your own show.

I have met him and Ken Hackathorn and they are some of the most modest and stand up characters you will meet. Their training and teaching are second to none!

+1

I have trained with Larry and Ken and they are both stand up guys that want people to learn the proper way to use small arms for self defense. They are opinionated on what the "right way" is from actually seeing the "wrong way" not work in the real world many times over again. These guys have seen it all and have more experience in combat situations then most of us could ever imagine. I have the utmost respect for both of them.

sorry, don't buy that...

I manage billions of dollars at work, I don't act like that when giving commentary for publication.

It's channel 308 on Fios and agree, we pay too much for the $hit we see but alas...........we pay it.

You don't act like that giving a commentary because you don't have a professional tv crew telling you that they need more emphasis, facial expressions or to act like your GSR don't stink. And we all know your GSR stinks!

And if you're not buying that you might also want to stay away from H&K products, Glock, BCM, Daniel Defense, Aimpoint, Black Hills, Wilson Combat and Schmidt & Bender to name a few off the top of my head.

You don't act like that giving a commentary because you don't have a professional tv crew telling you that they need more emphasis, facial expressions or to act like your GSR don't stink. And we all know your GSR stinks!

And if you're not buying that you might also want to stay away from H&K products, Glock, BCM, Daniel Defense, Aimpoint, Black Hills, Wilson Combat and Schmidt & Bender to name a few off the top of my head.

lol....believe me, they are telling you how to act. 

you are missing my point because you think his words are gold for his perceived contribution to the evolution of the AR.  I find it comical you think he did so much for all these platforms.  I didn't know he created the ff rail, offset sights, match grade triggers etc etc....

what did he create?  Don't tell me input because no one person has input on any new product so tell me, what did he create that furthered this 'evolution'

not saying this like a dic either so if it comes across that way my apologies.  you can't get proper tone in these forums sometimes...lol