ogfarmer

NJ2AS CARRY LICENSE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROJECT (CLASP)

Okay St. Thomas... but I'm not quite sure I understand your position...?  Also, isn't photo evidence going to be a revelation of people's personal info?  I mean, what level of evidence do you require?

I'm accustomed to this response from the weak and unengaged victims nowadays, Dev. If they won't do it then no one can do it. I don't know if that applies to DJG but I see so much of it that I am never surprised.

That's OK, there are still Men among us.

I'm accustomed to this response from the weak and unengaged victims nowadays, Dev. If they won't do it then no one can do it. I don't know if that applies to DJG but I see so much of it that I am never surprised.

That's OK, there are still Men among us.

Mipa - if the president of a 2A organization is unwilling to provide PROOF that he has done what he is advocating that others do, what's your opinion of that exactly?

Mipa - if the president of a 2A organization is unwilling to provide PROOF that he has done what he is advocating that others do, what's your opinion of that exactly?

First, are you submitting an application? I require no proof for this question, just a response.

Then, I will give my opinion.

At December's NJ2AS meeting, it was announced that the project for the year would be "operation compliance phase 2" which is trying to get PDs to issue permits within 30 days.   It was clear that right to carry was NOT on the plans for 2014.   The 50 or 60 people at the meeting wanted to go for right to carry and the meeting shifted from the prepared agenda to a tiny revolt.  Now, NJ2AS president is talking about right to carry a lot and the CLASP project was announced.

I agree it's not well planned and there seems to be no plan beyond applying for carry permits.  I like that there is a lot more right to carry talking happening but I'm suspicious that project clasp is an attempt to appease the membership and not something NJ2AS wants to do.

At December's NJ2AS meeting, it was announced that the project for the year would be "operation compliance phase 2" which is trying to get PDs to issue permits within 30 days.   It was clear that right to carry was NOT on the plans for 2014.   The 50 or 60 people at the meeting wanted to go for right to carry and the meeting shifted from the prepared agenda to a tiny revolt.  Now, NJ2AS president is talking about right to carry a lot and the CLASP project was announced.

I agree it's not well planned and there seems to be no plan beyond applying for carry permits.  I like that there is a lot more right to carry talking happening but I'm suspicious that project clasp is an attempt to appease the membership and not something NJ2AS wants to do.

Your right I was at that meeting in Toms River. Frank should share his experience applying with the members. Did he have trouble getting forms? Did they tell him he'd be denied? What did he list for justifiable need? Did they know who he was?

I don't remember him telling us how it went for him back when he asked everyone to go to the PD and ask for the forms.

Just sayin

Or one good one.

Some judge could issue or cause a Constitutional Crisis. Or an Andrew Napalitano type judge or CLEO might get so pissed off he raises a public stink. Somebody could find legal standing for a court case due to discrimination or Equal Protection. This is why we should document everything and even record if legal and discrete. Get a notebook and log all phone discussions and face to face discussions. Even at the range. Immediately after, you would be surprised how quickly you forget details.

With the rise of smartphones, there's little excuse for anyone who has one to not record conversations over the phone or in person. I know I have quick access to record both in person and over the phone conversations should the need arise.

I can own a machinegun in CT, and I can have a thousand 30 round mags there, too. Silencers, sawed-off shotguns, SBR, the whole ball of wax.

MA - All pre-ban mags OK.

Cali and NY are worse, CT is not, MA is slightly better than jersey. But when you include CCW, none are worse than Jersey. That counts for quite a bit.

Connecticut is no longer a hospitable state when it comes to evil black rifles or high capacity magazines, so long as you register them.

http://copssupportgunrights.com/injustice-in-the-constitution-state-that-didnt-take-long/

No. But that's not a promise, just my current intentions.

Now, please answer my question and I will happily answer yours.

Honestly, I haven't decided yet.  My plans may involve polluting your state with my presence so it may ultimately be a moot point.

Does not contradict what I posted at all.

If the new addition for registration of certain firearms and magazines in possession prior to the ban is a non-issue for some, if banned weapons and magazines that are no longer sold is a non-issue for some, if the required gun eligibility certificates with a 5-year renewal with their attending fees (certificate = $35, fingerprints = $50, background check = $16, total = $101 every 5-years,) is a non-issue for some, if the banning of hunting on public land (can only hunt with your "AR" on private land with the owner's written permission) with any rifle on the "banned" list is a non-issue for some; then I guess not.

If the new addition for registration of certain firearms and magazines in possession prior to the ban is a non-issue for some, if banned weapons and magazines that are no longer sold is a non-issue for some, if the required gun eligibility certificates with a 5-year renewal with their attending fees (certificate = $35, fingerprints = $50, background check = $16, total = $101 every 5-years,) is a non-issue for some, if the banning of hunting on public land (can only hunt with your "AR" on private land with the owner's written permission) with any rifle on the "banned" list is a non-issue for some; then I guess not.

It doesn't take that many words to admit you did not contradict what I said.

"You're right, Mipafox" will do.

You can throw in an "and" or a "but" if you want to actually discuss it.

Yes, still better than Jersey.

Well, you were a little squirrely and evasive about the question yourself. But we are talking about a guy that has put himself in the public eye. What does proof consist of? I think I'd at least want a reason from him. Or perhaps he could have some people we trust confidentially confirm it if there is information he doesn't want to address. So, yeah, he should be able to find a way to provide satisfaction to the question.

that page is a bunch of BS, started by someone who got butt hurt over not having a protest at the mall, and has spun it with another guy into a whole nother thing

Amazing though how many people have similar BS opinions. 

At what point is financial transparency important to you OG?  I have given enough money over the years to various organizations who purported to be helping this cause or that cause only to have found out later that the money was sorely wasted on administration.

I'll say this regarding that certain guy, a new Facebook group has emerged with a WHOLE lot of complaints against him and the organization.

Just found out about that group from franks post. It's important to here all sides of a story so hopefully all NJ2AS members will join that group too.You got nothing to lose. It's interesting to see franks rants.

Yea, not for nothing but, there are a lot of people questioning what their funds are going to considering how many people pay an annual membership, plus donations, and yet there is nothing but demand for volunteers. I get that prior need to volunteer to the cause, but there are plenty of people like me who work 60+hrs a week who have deal with people looking down their noses at me because I can't afford to spend time sitting at a table all day. I pay money to substitute that, but where does it go? There are a lot of questions being raised with no answers addressing them.

Just found out about that group from franks post. It's important to here all sides of a story so hopefully all NJ2AS members will join that group too.You got nothing to lose. It's interesting to see franks rants.

From what I've seen on the second page, is people having private conversations through Facebook, with Frank, that are completely ridiculous. Calling him bi-polar and crazy. Everyone stating that they have the conversations saved (although nobody has released one). It's definitely got my attention now, as I've noticed the the conversations getting deleted while other non-sense gets posted (more so by one particular person).

One of my comments on a thread on FB got deleted and trust me it was very benign. Frank was on a rant about politicians that was a bit contrary to his previous positions. I simply pointed this out and suggested that we be consistent. DELETED. Wtf.

Why won't he release membership numbers? $$$$$$$

Everyone stating that they have the conversations saved (although nobody has released one).

Want to retract that now that at least one conversation has been released?  I wish I could post my conversation but I no longer have access to it.

Gentlemen,

This business isn't easy. And, unlike Moms Demand Anal and Doucheburg drones, we are pretty particular and demand quite a bit of accountability. Perhaps to a fault. I doubt half of you could work for me and meet my standards. Not just because I'm that awesome, but also because I'm a bit of a tyrant. 10% of the people here are probably too dumb or not paying enough attention to understand what they are outraged about. I'm not casting aspersions on our group, every group has me and the rest of the motley crew we have assembled. We are better than most, but also much more bitchy.

It isn't easy keeping all of us happy. Nobody can say anything that will satisfy all of us. Sometimes that makes it difficult to say anything.

It's pretty damn easy keeping everybody following the Brady Bunch happy. Just insult your enemy and blow smoke up the asses of your supporters. 100% approval and commitment from your followers with that recipe.

Now, I have not been following this organization closely at all. But there is a common theme in the RKBA activism realm, and that is we are our own worst enemies. Has there ever been a spokesperson for any of our organizations that had greater than 50% support? Less than a 30% negative response? I won't do that job, that is for sure.

Our enemy does not suffer those issues.

Asking questions, requiring accountability, and getting your input considered is a no-brainer. But herding cats would be easier than pleasing this difficult bunch of us.

I think if we demand excuses we can get them, and if we demand improvements we can get that as well. Whatever we want, just not everything we want.

Want to retract that now that at least one conversation has been released? I wish I could post my conversation but I no longer have access to it.

Yes and now that I've read it I have some more opinions on the matter. I'm torn on both sides of this because I'd like a resolution to our common problem, but I don't believe it's being handled properly.

Two things bother me about the posted conversation. First, is Franks overall attitude. Second, is that Frank's picture is next to every response, but not Ron's, almost as if his responses are altered or injected in certain places.