blksheep

Great Debate BCM vs DD

I have compared both up close. The Daniel Defence is a much better finish aesthetically. But as to the important stuff, like performance and durability, I can't say. I like the flexibility of ordering from BCM's website better than DD.

we all know the real answer is noveske!!!

but to be honest, you are really comparing two great manufacturers.  i'd probably choose BCM just because i wouldn't want any of the DD rail options.  but if one of the DD rails worked for you, go with any of them.  

we all know the real answer is noveske!!!

but to be honest, you are really comparing two great manufacturers.  i'd probably choose BCM just because i wouldn't want any of the DD rail options.  but if one of the DD rails worked for you, go with any of them.  

Noveske barrels are better, but that's about it... all 3 are pretty much the same... and you pay for that difference.   

assuming they all had the same rail, the only other difference really is the barrel.  unless you consider the vltor upper a better option.  otherwise all 3 have proper sized gas ports and high quality everything.  i do think BCM has a better roll mark than DD

Noveske barrels are better, but that's about it... all 3 are pretty much the same... and you pay for that difference.   

I think the Noveske rifles have better fit and finish then both DD and BCM, and their barrels are some of the best on the market. Not saying that the others don't make good rifles but I think Noveske is a cut above and I own both BCM and Noveske and had A DD. Just my 2 cents. 

I think the Noveske rifles have better fit and finish then both DD and BCM, and their barrels are some of the best on the market. Not saying that the others don't make good rifles but I think Noveske is a cut above and I own both BCM and Noveske and had A DD. Just my 2 cents. 

they are also hardly ever in stock.  

P.S.  sorry about the thread drift.  

Im in a similar situation as you. I bought a ddm4v5lw and I have some buyers remorse. Me personally, I am in the process of building my own upper. And selling the dd. If you think you will be happier with the bcm get it. In terms of quality in complete rifles sold over the counter both are great rifles. Im assembling my own just to prove to myself I can build my own.

Im in a similar situation as you. I bought a ddm4v5lw and I have some buyers remorse. Me personally, I am in the process of building my own upper. And selling the dd. If you think you will be happier with the bcm get it. In terms of quality in complete rifles sold over the counter both are great rifles. Im assembling my own just to prove to myself I can build my own.

That is a top-of-the-line gun. Unless you are looking for some special application (DMR, etc), I don't see you finding something better than DD, BCM notwithstanding.

That is a top-of-the-line gun. Unless you are looking for some special application (DMR, etc), I don't see you finding something better than DD, BCM notwithstanding.

I have always been more of a built not bought kinda guy. I just prefer it that way. I may still keep it since it is really nice.