555R

New build. Looking for a rifle length gas system 14.5" or 16" barrel

Why would you want a rifle length gas system on so short a barrel?  You would really have to open up the gas port in order to get enough gas through the system to cycle reliably... and the dwell time will be horrible.  Plus doing that would basically negate the reason you went rifle length anyway.  Much better to go with a Midlength on a 14.5 or 16" barrel..

Why would you want a rifle length gas system on so short a barrel? You would really have to open up the gas port in order to get enough gas through the system to cycle reliably... and the dwell time will be horrible. Plus doing that would basically negate the reason you went rifle length anyway. Much better to go with a Midlength on a 14.5 or 16" barrel..

^^^^ This

Terrible idea. You need a certain amount of barrel after the gas port to keep the system pressurized long enough to ensure the BCG does it's thing properly and reliably.

You could go the "Dissapator" route if you want a shorter barrel to look like it has a rifle length has system, but really have a carbine or mid length setup with rifle length hand guards over it. Or you can go with an extended (13"-15") free float rail over the shorter has system.

It's an idea I got

From salient arms and warsport rifles. I understand about the physics of the different systems. I want a softer shooting rifle and my current built is carbine length and it's hammering. I know there is a fat gas tube I could use but forgot who makes it.

Don't do it. 14.5 I doubt will run at all. I've gotten to read the exploits of folks experimenting before 18" was common. People with machine shops and gunsmithing skills pretty much declared 17" the boundary for not just pissing money away. Some rifle length 16" guns were made that functioned with the right ammo but they were picky as all get out.

You'll wast much less money playing around with an adjustable gas block, carrier, and buffer.