Sign in to follow this  
Kimber45

300 BLK confusion.......

Hello. All you Blackout fans this is for you.... OK Iam looking to do my first blackout build and I running into a little confusion hear. Iam looking to use a 14.5 barrel pinned to 16. Iam only looking to run supersonic ammo because yes a supersonic supressed rifle would be awesome but a big no no in this state.... my confusion lies with the use of a carbine gas system in a barrel shorter than 16 inches.... I read so many post that my head is spinning.... some say it wount work others are drilling out the gas port. Is the only reason for drilling the port on a carbine gas system is to run a suppressor and subsonic ammo? If so I should be OK running the 14.5 with a carbine gas system with supers only? Can atone please help. I would like to order the barrel but I don't want to waste my money buying something I can't use... also I know some will say just go with a 16 inch barrel with the carbine gas system but I really like the shorter barrel..... thanks

I'm curious to know also. Which barrel are you going to get?

I think I'm going to order the Rainier Select 14.5 barrel once I free up some funds. It also has a carbine gas system. The folks at Rainier assure me it runs without issues.

Iam looking at a couple at this point first is a Satern 14.5 carbine gas. I guess my major concern is making sure it will cycle with the carbine gas system. The consensus is that you use a pistol gas system for anything under a 16 barrel and a carbine gas system for 16 and above.... my main question is since I planning on running supers only does that apply to my application.oh yeah the Satern barrels are in stock and at 210.00 its not a bad deal...

I'm interested in this also. I am leaning towards Noveske's 14.5" with pistol gas system, but they are back ordered everywhere I've seen. My guess is for supers you will be good to go with a 14.5" barrel with a carbine gas system. If you are buying from a reputable dealer then it is in their best interest to ensure their products work well. As such I would trust Rainier for this as one example. I do not have first hand experience just yet, but some day soon.

Looking forward to others input on this one.

Well been buzzing around 300 blktalk and lots and lots of good stuff. If your looking for Blackout info that seems to be the place... regarding the 14.5 with a carbine gas system seems to be real iffy. It deffinetly wount work with subs or a suppressor. At least not without issues. Anyhow Iam going to go with the 14.5 pistol gas system... from what was explained to me the pistol gas system is what was originally built around due to how the pressure builds rapidly and bleeds off fast due to the larger cal..... anyhow now my search is on for a pistol gassed 14.5...

I think noveske is the only one. Back orderd everywhere and $450 everywhere except direct from them. I'm either getting that or the DD 16 inch carbine length.. Whichever comes in stock first when I have the funds. My most inportant requirement is that its CHF and those are the 2 that make it that way that I found. 

Just asked him, noy a factory build, he said its a noveske barrel with carbine gas system guys at shore shot assembled it

Noveske doesn't make carbine length gas system 300 blk barrels. All of them are pistol length.

If you are honestly that worried about it just get a pistol length with an h2 or h3 buffer. It will soften the felt 
recoil and probably still run supers reliably.

Well been buzzing around 300 blktalk and lots and lots of good stuff. If your looking for Blackout info that seems to be the place... regarding the 14.5 with a carbine gas system seems to be real iffy. It deffinetly wount work with subs or a suppressor. At least not without issues. Anyhow Iam going to go with the 14.5 pistol gas system... from what was explained to me the pistol gas system is what was originally built around due to how the pressure builds rapidly and bleeds off fast due to the larger cal..... anyhow now my search is on for a pistol gassed 14.5...

I have carbine length gas system on my 300... I can run super or sub without issue it all boils down to the correct combination of the correct powder and amount of said powder.....in nj is function while suppressed actually a consideration?...to the point of over gassed supersonic loads?...to me pistol length gas on a carbine length barrel with no intention of suppression is not the best choice...ymmv

So im guessing shore shot ripped him off and told him it was a noveske barrel and charged him 450 bucks... some shady shit right there

No he could have just thought it was a carbine length when its really a pistol length. Or shore shot could have made that mistake too. There is a slim chance they ripped him off too. I've never been there but I've heard of some shady stuff goin on there in the past. check the rollmarks on the barrel and cross reference with noveske.

The good thing about the Rainier barrel is that it has a 100% money back guaranteed within 90 days of purchase. No questions asked. If it doesn't cycle with your rounds within 90 days, return it.

On a side note with the Noveske, it states that the barrel is not designed to cycle with subsonic unless a silencer is used. It may work or it may not. If you are planning to use super and sub sonic rounds, you may be out of luck in PRNJ. Another thing I don't like about the Noveske (besides the premium price and lack of availability) is that I cannot use an adjustable gas block.

No he could have just thought it was a carbine length when its really a pistol length. Or shore shot could have made that mistake too. There is a slim chance they ripped him off too. I've never been there but I've heard of some shady stuff goin on there in the past. check the rollmarks on the barrel and cross reference with noveske.

It has carbine handguards. After work we are gunna pop em off and look for noveske markings. If not hes gotta find the invoice and hope it says noveske so he cannbitch em out and get his money back.

It has carbine handguards. After work we are gunna pop em off and look for noveske markings. If not hes gotta find the invoice and hope it says noveske so he cannbitch em out and get his money back.

Measure to the gas port. 7 inches should be carbine. And just because it has carbine length hand guards doesnt mean the gas system is carbine length. I have a rifle length hand guard on my 14.5 inch middy 5.56 barrel.