notmetoo

FINALLY the NRA is stepping in and helping

Let's say everything goes they way we are hoping.. Anyone care the guess how long it would take for a decision and then how long to actually have a permit in out hands? I say one year for a ruling and two for a permit in hand is about best case... What do ya'll think?

Let's say everything goes they way we are hoping.. Anyone care the guess how long it would take for a decision and then how long to actually have a permit in out hands? I say one year for a ruling and two for a permit in hand is about best case... What do ya'll think?

i would imagine atleast 1 year to a year and a half before a ruling. depends on the ruling, if its as simple as cross out justifiable need i believe it would be instant and we could start applying. If they say right a new law they will likely give 60 or 90 days for the state to come up with a new law that makes shall issue. i believe that is what happened in Illinois, 60 days to write a new law. However i dont see them issuing permits very fast, once this is all done. we know how slow the FID takes to issue. They will claim this is making longer backlogs and they wait will double.

i would imagine atleast 1 year to a year and a half before a ruling. depends on the ruling, if its as simple as cross out justifiable need i believe it would be instant and we could start applying. If they say right a new law they will likely give 60 or 90 days for the state to come up with a new law that makes shall issue. i believe that is what happened in Illinois, 60 days to write a new law. However i dont see them issuing permits very fast, once this is all done. we know how slow the FID takes to issue. They will claim this is making longer backlogs and they wait will double.

I would hope that a premise to allowing CCW would include a specific time frame to approval, like most other states.

Fortunately, our Chief and, AFAIK, all the officers are pro 2A and feel that the citizens should have the right to protect themselves as they see fit. Citizens being able to protect themselves better could even lighten the workload on our already over stretched police resources. We have about 20 +/- officers covering ~25 sq. mi. of Warren County 24/7/365. They usually average 4-5 LEO on the road at any given time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are the exception to the norm ....average is about 4 months

I know you're from south jersey like me. If you don't mind me asking where are you from that it takes that long. I'm 30 days in Williamstown. Just want to know what towns not to move to if I stay in south jersey

I know you're from south jersey like me. If you don't mind me asking where are you from that it takes that long. I'm 30 days in Williamstown. Just want to know what towns not to move to if I stay in south jersey

I wasn't referring to my town..more the general average....where some towns are 1 month or less more are 6+ so I just threw out the 4 month estimate....

I think since the NJ2AS has started the ANJRPC has stepped up. It's always good to keep everyone motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably but the drake case that ANJRPC is involved in is from 2010?

Also that 9th circuit decision with peruta is a NRA case.

Got ya. I'm sure what you say has truth to it. I thought you were being specific about your town. I got scared for you. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im in a Podunk town in sj and permits used to be 7-10 days for years...last couple times it's averaged 30-45 days......but I apply before current ones expire...so I usually am only a week or so without....and cheif extends without issue and are back in hand a couple days after dropping off....can't really complain I guess by nj standards anyway....that is until you cross a border and see how it is supposed to be that is..lol