notmetoo

FINALLY the NRA is stepping in and helping

NRA has always been helping through the state affiliate (ANJRPC). 

+1

A lot of people do not realize that the NRA does help NJ through money giving for the different court cases. The problem with the NRA is that they do not make most of this info public, like Antony Colandro has stated on Gun for Hire Radio.

+1

A lot of people do not realize that the NRA does help NJ through money giving for the different court cases. The problem with the NRA is that they do not make most of this info public, like Antony Colandro has stated on Gun for Hire Radio.

We know it, it's just that the ANJRPC has been less about fighting the fight and mroe about negotiating the terms of our surrender. 

+1

I did not know this

Also the NRA is probably feeling threatened by NAGR's claims in the Feb 6 Star Ledger article http://blog.nj.com/njv_guest_blog/2014/02/fight_gunfire_with_guns_in_cri.html

The organization working hardest to restore and protect the people’s liberties throughout New Jersey is the National Association for Gun Rights. NAGR works on the front lines of the gun rights fight in New Jersey and stands behind the notion that America is still the land of free people.

I feel that these groups are getting involved now that the groundwork has been laid by our grassroots organizations and they want to claim it as their own.

I personally have never seen NAGR involved anywhere in NJ till now

I think since the NJ2AS has started the ANJRPC has stepped up. It's always good to keep everyone motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame can be a powerful motivator.

Never heard of... nagr....how would that be pronounced?...who comes up with these acronyms and when think tanking in the start up ...writes NAGR down and says..."yes..this is what we want to go with"....reminds me of chapelle skits..... Lol smh

NAGR is a P.O.S. poser. They just post a lot of old news on Facebook, get you to join in on something, and then pepper you with emails asking for money for the rest of your life. I signed on one thing ONCE with them, and now I get regular emails from 4 differently named entities (including Dudley Brown) who just keep emailing me. I have tried to unsubscribe but nothing works. The last time I tried there was a "comments" section for why I wanted out and I filled it with my best unprintable description. Didn't phase them at all.

I don't think they actually DO anything except make money.

I'm afraid we will get exactly what we ask for: That henceforth, NJ will issue carry permits to all kidnapping victims, and everyone who owns ATMs. 

Or even more likely "all mistaken identity pet store owner kidnapping victims"

Or even more likely "all mistaken identity pet store owner kidnapping victims"

According to Scott Bach egregious denial cases were selected to get the Supreme Court interested. The pet store guy eventually received his permit. 

But seriously, I worried about any ruling that would simply weaken the "need" requirement, rather than demolish it. OK, so even if you don't own a pet store or your cash machines are called Cash Access Nodes (CAN), you're fine. Maybe throw in fire inspectors and some other obscure group. That won't help us or substantially change the law.

I said earlier when discussing this:

The NRA is like France. They see us doing all the work and possibly going to have a victory so they want to swoop in and then when we win they can look like it's thanks to them. But you know what? I don't care ...as long as we start exercising our right again without being imprisoned for doing so.

According to Scott Bach egregious denial cases were selected to get the Supreme Court interested. The pet store guy eventually received his permit. 

But seriously, I worried about any ruling that would simply weaken the "need" requirement, rather than demolish it. OK, so even if you don't own a pet store or your cash machines are called Cash Access Nodes (CAN), you're fine. Maybe throw in fire inspectors and some other obscure group. That won't help us or substantially change the law.

The pet store guy may have gotten a permit...to squash it...but who wants to bet..the first/ second renewal with no incidents that his "justifiable need" will no longer be present and he will be denied?...will he dig in his pockets and start all over..or just give up....

I agree they may loosen some ...just enough to squash the noise ...with the nra/nj2a..assorted other abc groups walking away feeling victorious for a minor win...but only for the 2 cases but the rest of joe public will see no change....and the gubment pushing new laws on the other end...it's going to be years and years of back and forth battling in the courtroom to committee hearings .....before/if anything meaningful will come to the minions of the state...

It looks like Wyoming  along with Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and West Virginia are looking to ask the Supreme Court to grant a hearing to John M. Drake and others who are challenging a recent appeals court ruling.  They are all worried if the ruling stands it may be used to roll back some of their rights.  Maybe we'll have a shot there, doesn't seem like much hope in state courts.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/13/1-states-join-legal-fight-against-new-jersey-concealed-weapons-law/?intcmp=latestnews

It looks like Wyoming along with Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and West Virginia are looking to ask the Supreme Court to grant a hearing to John M. Drake and others who are challenging a recent appeals court ruling. They are all worried if the ruling stands it may be used to roll back some of their rights. Maybe we'll have a shot there, doesn't seem like much hope in state courts.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/13/1-states-join-legal-fight-against-new-jersey-concealed-weapons-law/?intcmp=latestnews

I just hope all this isn't just for Drake and the rest of us are still denied. But this is great watching the country begin to take back our country!