carl_g

Cheap 1911's

I wish the Ruger 1911 came with the choice of blued as well as the stainless.  They had a special edition model, but it was quite a bit pricier.  I would look at one of those, as well as a SA Range Officer as a budget 1911.  With that said, my friend has a Rock Island to compliment his Dan Wesson and he loves it.

I like my RIA GI Tactical.  Contact remixer, he can get one for you quick.

vk4FOkL.jpg

Might get the ATI Fatboy next...

Have you had any issues with that gun? Also how is the customer service if you need it? they are made in the Philippines correct?

Have you had any issues with that gun? Also how is the customer service if you need it? they are made in the Philippines correct?

No issues to date, and about 500 rounds through it.  I do not have any experience on their customer service as I've never had to contact them for anything.  And yes they are made in the Philippines.

The Ruger 1911 has a 70 series trigger, and they have a commander model. It is under your price cap.

This.

There is alot of personal advice for 1911's and every modern maker right now really has some quality hardware for the price.  It really comes down to preference when buying one for under $1200.

I'd say get the Ruger SR1911 and enjoy the shit out of it.  Chances are you'll buy a "higher quality" one down the road, while "higher quality" really doesn't make shit difference in a gun you're gonna run hard, in my opinion.

The full size and commander will really have no difference in feel other than felt recoil, so the size is really up too you.  CCW, of course you'll want the commander for it size foot print, but yet again a bobtailed frame would be an awesome choice there too.  Most custom places will cut the frame into a bobtail version for under $250 bucks, if you really wanted it done.

No matter what you pick out, make sure to spend the extra on good magazines.  Wilson's ETM 500's are the best magazines on the market right now in regards to springs and followers.  I order 3 a month on payday!

Enjoy!

Is their expert series any good? They are the only ones that seem to be in my price range. They have an expert commander: http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/expert/expertCommander.php

i have a buddy that has the expert and LOVES it! a lot of gun for the money. only thing i would change out on that model is the grips. put on some nice g10s

I appreciate all the input. I was almost swayed to get the RIA tactical but I have it down to 2: Ruger SR1911 or a Springfield Range officer. I have also removed the commander size requirement.

Now I just need my permits to come in.

My new rock island just came in. 14 rounds of 45 acp in a tactical 2011 model for 699. Its awesome

Mind if I ask where you got the tac 2011?  That is an awesome looking 2011!!!

My new rock island just came in. 14 rounds of 45 acp in a tactical 2011 model for 699. Its awesome

I know Mike Seeklander has a 40 widebody from RIA and he said he had to "tune" it to accept sti mags.

http://blog.shooting-performance.com/rock-island-armory-tact-2011-a2-review/

Is your RIA compatible with STI mags or RIA mags only?

I like the gun and wouldn't mind getting one.