carl_g

Cheap 1911's

i've heard more good things about rock island than bad. I am on the same hunt as you right now and my budget is 600ish. I may end up going with the tac II as it has all the most common upgrades already installed I just hate the giant logo. FWIW, I'm considering these two as they are both somewhere within my budget..

http://us.armscor.com/products/tac-1911-ii-fs-45acp

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=59&category=Pistol

Try the Springfield Armory mil-spec. Shoot it for a bit, and when you have more funds, it'll make a great base gun for a custom build.

Unfortunately, you can't really have a decent 1911 built to modern specs for a cheap price.

BTW, I highly suggest sticking with a government length 1911 rather than commander length. Especially if you go with a lower priced one.

I've had nothing but good luck with my fullsize Sig 1911 TTT.  I got it off gunbroker a few years ago for around $900 shipped, because I wanted that exact model.  You may be able to find a new or lightly used Sig 1911 online for near your price - I haven't looked at Sig 1911 pricing online since I bought mine.  I'd at least give them a look - I <flame suit on> prefer the looks of the Sig-esque 1911 I have over most of the more traditional 1911s out there. <flame suit off>

I do wish Sig made a 6" or even 7" 1911...I've had a thing for those recently...

Good luck in your search

i've heard more good things about rock island than bad. I am on the same hunt as you right now and my budget is 600ish. I may end up going with the tac II as it has all the most common upgrades already installed I just hate the giant logo. FWIW, I'm considering these two as they are both somewhere within my budget..

http://us.armscor.com/products/tac-1911-ii-fs-45acp

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=59&category=Pistol

They changed their rollmark for 2014. It's 1263790x better

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

They changed their rollmark for 2014. It's 1263790x better

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Yes i saw that. the trick is making sure you get one with the new roll mark on it if its ordered online. Steve has a really fair price through gallery of guns but i dunno if its the older version or not

Yes i saw that. the trick is making sure you get one with the new roll mark on it if its ordered online. Steve has a really fair price through gallery of guns but i dunno if its the older version or not

$369 for the base and $506 for the tactical model, including tax! Do the skeletonized hammer and trigger have a practical benefit, or is it just aesthetic?

edit: Sorry, guess it was the Eagle Rare bourbon, but I was wrong and the transfer fees and taxes are extra.

$369 for the base and $506 for the tactical model, including tax! Do the skeletonized hammer and trigger have a practical benefit, or is it just aesthetic?

Valid question. I have no first hand experience I have just browsed forums and noticed many people end up replacing the Beavertail, trigger, and hammer. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back in the early '90s I carried a Springfield Armory 1911 (9mm, city didn't allow .45) as a duty weapon as both Military & city LEO. I can't say anything bad about it all. It fired every time I pulled the trigger, was comfortable to hold & shoot, easy to maintain and looked Cool As Hell. I switched to a Glock 17 after about 10 months because of the weight difference. I was working both jobs at the time and dropping an extra pound off my belt for (sometimes) 14-16 hours /day was the deciding factor me. I didn't have the $$ at the time to keep both so I traded the 1911 in for the G17.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk