ryan_j

Weinberg writes the AG to activate the smart gun law

Don`t you think this reason alone would be grounds for all law enforcement to use this new technology first.

Can you people even explain your thinking process?

The LE community have better unions than we do.

It was by their own demand that they be exempted from the bill. Can't blame them, I wouldn't want to trust my life to a "smart" gun.

That's Pac Man

Yup.

Space Invaders, Pacman, Missile Command, the big 3 when I started playing.

And I still remember 10 cent pinball with actual chimes / bells and mechanical wheels for points.

Enough of the good old days...

I had to pull that particular segment out to comment. This is NJ... they will do the exact opposite of what is right, true, proper, morally defensible, and even remotely intelligent. NJ is the state most in need of rule .308 being enacted with extreme prejudice.

Yeah, I seem to get that from the responses.

In Texas, we have a part-time legislature.  It meets for 144 days every 2 years.  The oldest joke in Texas politics is that we'd be better off if they met for 2 days every 144 years.

It kinda sounds like y'all need something similar.

Back to the subject at hand, I still maintain that this particular firearm fails in multiple ways to meet the "smart gun" definition laid down in your law and therefore won't cause you any problems.  I hope I'm right.

I remember a personalization device that used to be advertised in the back of the NRA magazines probably 50 years ago. It was for S&W revolvers and it employed a magnetic ring the user had to wear. IIRC, the magnet in the ring pulled a mainspring blocking device out of the way to allow the firearm to function normally. I believe that you had to cut the grip frame for the install. Not sure how long they lasted, but their ads never grew larger about postage stamp size.

The MagnaTrigger was and remains a proven, useful technology.  It doesn't meet the legal definition of a smart gun but it provides much of the theoretical benefits without all the drawbacks.  You can still get it from Tarnhelm Police Supply.  See:  http://www.tarnhelm.com/magna-trigger/gun/safety/magna1.html 

This technology nearly died out a while back when floppy disks were in use.  The ring you had to wear would corrupt data on computer disks.  Now that USB drives are the norm, that's no longer a problem.

The LE community have better unions than we do.

It was by their own demand that they be exempted from the bill. Can't blame them, I wouldn't want to trust my life to a "smart" gun.

LE should have to abide by the same rules we do.