Sign in to follow this  
Dro8

Help Me Decide...

My brain says I need a 5" Glock.  I cannot argue with my own brain.  

The problem now is to decide on which.  Do I get a Glock 34 or a Glock 41?  I'm hoping the fine members of this forum can help me decide.  It will be used mainly for IDPA competitions and I'm set on one of the two.  I do reload my own ammo so ammo price isn't really a factor other than the cost of bullets.  Do any of you have either or both of these firearms and can you give me any insight or recommendations?  My brain and I would appreciate the help.  Thanks!

What division do you want to shoot. SSP and or ESP with the 34 and CDP with the 41. You need to make a decision on the division and then you have your decision on the pistol.

I say get the 34 and shoot USPSA Production

I actually don't really care which division.  I'm not like a super-competitor, and I have guns for pretty much all (non-revolver) divisions.  I actually shoot a G19 for SSP, an M&P Pro for ESP, and I have a 1911 for CDP.  I was just wondering if people have experience with both and can make any recommendations.  I don't shoot USPSA because... well.... I just never have and I don't know where to do that, to be honest.  My local club has IDPA every month and that's what I do.  Not really for the competition aspect, so much as just to have some fun and practice practical shooting.  I just can't decide between the 9mm and .45 so I'm hoping for some advice from people that have experience with both.

If you get the 41 you can use it in all three divisions. You said you reload so you could work up a 185gn load for SSP & ESP (not sure a 230gn bullet would work too well that slow).

The only thing you need to check it's the grip size. The 41 has the same size grip as the 20 & 21 and some people find it too blocklike. The 34 & 35 have the same grip as the 17 & 22

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I have the 34 and the 41 but haven't shot the 41 yet.  I love the 34 for a target shooting 9mm--smooth, accurate and fun.  I'll have the 41 at the range this week and do a side by side for my own education.  As much as I really like the 34 if I were choosing one it would be probably 45 cal.