checko

Another poll for everyone. What would you get?

I'm stuck  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What should be next?

I've got a bit of money thats burning a hole in my wallet.  I need to make a purchase, limit at around $1k, more realistically around $750.  I'm more of a long gun guy so I'm leaning towards one of the rifles.  I don't need a collector piece for any of these. I don't like to sit and stare at my guns in the safe.  Used shooters are fine.  What say you?

I'm also getting into the 7.62x39, but through the SKS platform. Thanks to info from fellow forum members, I decided that for the time being the SKS will be a good intro. There are plenty of them around, in the $350-600 range. They were as cheap as Mosins just a few years ago.

There is a 5.45x39 Saiga already converted in the marketplace for $850...

I would get a lever gun and make a redneck AR or a mag fed bolt gun like the Mossberg MVP, or Ruger Gunsite Scout.

Or buy some ammo and take a 3 day course.....

I dont remember seeing those on the list :no:

I still have plans on doing at least a 2 day class.  I have enough ammo for a little while too. 

I can tell you from my experience. I have had a few ak style rifles in my possession and they are always sold or traded for something else( thats just me). I have had only one Garand and it will never leave the stable. I love shooting it in a few Matches a year just for fun. I also love my wheel guns too so its up to you. 

I'd have voted the 4" mag as well unless you have something like it, but since you are more into the long guns, I vote Garand. To paraphrase "Animal Farm", they are all classics , but some are more classic than others. You can't go wrong.

I guess I would consider a 5.45 ak.      And its my list so I get to pick whats right! haha

I just dont have a lot of interest in anything else right now.  I'm a fan of the FNX .45 but I dont have a lot of use for it right now.  I actually dont have much use for about 3 of my pistols at the moment.  

It's simple. Get the Garand.  They ain't making any more of them. 

Had several SKS at one time, when they were cheap. Got rid of all of them.  Nothing but nothing in the cheap foreign gun family can match the "ping" of the Garand.  Garand fanboys know what I'm talking about.  They'll be worth a lot more in the future too!

It's simple. Get the Garand. They ain't making any more if them.

Had several SKS at one time, when they were cheap. Got rid of all of them. Nothing but nothing in the cheap foreign gun family can match the "ping" of the Garand. Garand fanboys know what I'm talking about. They'll be worth a lot more in the future too!

Do you think $750 will get me a shootable garand?

People still shoot 1000yd competetion with Garands.  I would like to see an AK pattern at 1000..... As much as I like AK's there is no comparison in accuracy.

If you can get an ak chambered in a full power cartrage, I'm sure it would fair just as well as an M1. 7.62x39 is an intermediate cartrage used for work out to 500 yds but preferably closer. You're really comparing apples and oranges here.