FishHunter

Is a manual neccessary?

On the other hand the Lee loading manual is like $15 and contains a very large section on the how and why of reloading. Ask your self how much your eyes or skin is worth. Even if you have the smallest of case failures you will at least destroy a mag, and there are t that many mags cheaper the $15.

There is so much supplemental information in the manual that I think it is a very valuable resource.  I wouldn't be without one (or two or three…) even though I also use online sources a fair bit.

the missing Malaysian plane flies over --  nuke on board -- air detonation 

the resulting EMP takes out all electrical devises

what data you gonna use then?

I always look in the books 1st web is secondary 

Depends on what you mean by manual. 

1) If you mean something like the sierra manual, where it is mostly just load data... not really. 

2) If you mean a reloading manual as far as a how to guide, then yes, physical books have their place. The lee is a good all arounder in that regard. I've got a few other old ones that talk about ALL SORTS of interesting stuff like reloading during recessions/depressions, and what you can get away with in gas operated guns in terms of lead, guidelines on reloading steel cases, how to reload berdan primed stuff, stuff on casting and scrounging alloy, making your own jacketed ammo out of spent brass, etc.