sinter

New Law Prevents Buying Ammo in Connecticut

Last weekend I stopped at the cabelas in Connecticut my way back from Boston. While I was there figured I'd pick up some shotgun shells. When I went to the check out they asked me for my Connecticut CCW or eligibility certificate. Since I had neither (nonresident Florida or Utah doesn't suffice) I went over customer service who explained to me a new law had been passed that now requires either the Connecticut CCW or  eligibility to purchase ammo form from the state police. One of the salespeople who overheard the conversation told me that the prior week they had refused ammunition sales to a federal marshal because he didn't have either the CCW or the ammo eligibility form.

Guess Connecticut never got a copy of the U.S. Constitution were it says "shall not be infringed"

I can buy since I have a CT pistol permit.

But you guys do realize that NJ does the same thing, right? They require a FPIC for handgun ammo. 

Anyway, it's not hard to get a state CT pistol permit. You need the NRA basic course, fill out the forms and apply. You also need a permit from any other state.  It's not cheap but if you go there often like I do it's well worth it. Especially if you go somewhere like Bridgeport. 

Do they record any information about you when you make an ammo purchase? Like record your ID number and quantity/type of ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they just need to see it.

In NJ they go one step further and record the purchase in a little black book.