Sign in to follow this  
liquidskin

Junk removal (need a couch removed)

Anyone do disposal? I've got a sectional couch that nobody wants, got it on craigslist, but no interest probably due to tears.

I could get my brother and his truck over here, but I got no clue where I'd dump it. Every junk removal place I check out seems to be around $150 minimum, which seems ridiculous for one couch

Frustrating, anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Why not just call your DPW in town and ask them if you bring the

couch to the recycling center if they will take it?

Local recycling center only does grass, leaves etc,

The town will defer me to the yearly bulk pickup which would be great, but I'm moving 2 months before that happens.

O.K. then - How about waiting for the garbage truck to pull up and throwing

the guys $20.00 or so to toss it into the packer?

Two guys on the truck = $40.00

Problem should be solved................

Not a bad idea.. I'd have to stay home from work to pull that off though, not worth taking a day when I got too much stuff going on this year. Buying house, wedding, etc.

Got a reciprocating saw? You can probably fit most of it in the garbage can over the next two weeks.

+1

I disposed of 1 couch, two mattresses and two box springs this way.   I now know how to use a drill to "unwind" a box spring.  The first one I use bolt cutters to cut all the wires, what a pain, the second one I was able to clip at one end and use the drill the corkscrew the wires out.  

O.K. then - How about waiting for the garbage truck to pull up and throwing

the guys $20.00 or so to toss it into the packer?

Two guys on the truck = $40.00

Problem should be solved................

The 'going rate' used to be a case of beer.......

I'm on the phone app where are you located I can probably get someone for cheap if your local. north jersey Clifton area. I run a scrap yard and most of the full time scrap guys do garbage removal too.

I'm in Westfield, union county.. Not too local to Clifton, but give me a shout if you know anyone who might be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the phone app where are you located I can probably get someone for cheap if your local. north jersey Clifton area. I run a scrap yard and most of the full time scrap guys do garbage removal too.

What scrap yard do you run? I am in the construction business and also have a carting business.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Put it curbside with a "FREE" sign next to it. Also put an ad on craigslist with the location.. ETA: I saw you did that. HMM

My town has a bulky waste pickup where you pay $30 for a sticker and are allowed up to 500lb of stuff. What happens though is that overnight people come and take stuff. That's fine by me but I'm pissed that I paid the $30 when people took all the stuff! I could have had it hauled away for FREE!