jds560

2 permits, 3 choices

With my two remaining permits I can't decide what to do. The choices are the S&W 39-2, HK USP in 9mm or 45, and the Walther P99 in 9mm. Ideally I'd like to buy them all, but the city of Newark is very picky about who they'll give more than 3 permits a year to.

With my two remaining permits I can't decide what to do. The choices are the S&W 39-2, HK USP in 9mm or 45, and the Walther P99 in 9mm. Ideally I'd like to buy them all, but the city of Newark is very picky about who they'll give more than 3 permits a year to.

What?  How can the city of Newark be picky about who they give permits to?  Don't they have to follow state law????

it looks "suspicious" when someone comes in for three permits every few months. So to say.

Really?  I get four every five months or so and they are very happy to see me and its never an issue.

Wow...I am waiting on 14 permits. Fugg Newark...contact somebody about that. I vote the Smith and the hk

Holy f@#$! Have you ever thought to yourself that maybe you have too many guns, lol?

I know it wasn't one of my suggestions, but I ran into a Colt Anaconda for $700. I have to go check it out again, not sure if it was an 8" or a 6". Is this worth the quid? It was used, in decent shape. One spot of rust? Stainless, I guess I could brillo it off. Not sure how to clean that stuff on stainless. 

I know it wasn't one of my suggestions, but I ran into a Colt Anaconda for $700. I have to go check it out again, not sure if it was an 8" or a 6". Is this worth the quid? It was used, in decent shape. One spot of rust? Stainless, I guess I could brillo it off. Not sure how to clean that stuff on stainless.

who had that.

who had that.

Tell him where it WAS, not where it IS... :)

Yes, the Anaconda is worth the money if you can feed it.

I had a little rust on mine as well. I let it sit with some WD-40 and then wiped it clean with a soft paper towel. Do NOT use an abrasive on it. Just my dos centavos.

C

I think I might get the Taurus M85 snub or a S&W model 37. I already have a 586. it'd be nice to have a small model. I'm really open

i know somebody who might be interested in selling his bodyguard 38. Ive handled and shot it. Its a great gun

it looks "suspicious" when someone comes in for three permits every few months. So to say.

Wow, looks like they are trying to train you into that logic. Suspicious? That's just funny.

I'd never live in Newark to begin with so.... But hypothetically, I'd have some fun with that. I get permits every 5 months like clock work.

If they used the word suspicious, I think I'd ask for like 20 permits every time just to see their heads spin. It would be worth the extra $$ to blow on the permits.

I'm at my police department every 3 months. The lady at the window and I are on a first name basis now. Yes I have the same disease as BLF. The only thing that has slowed me down is the OGAM. I have a feeling my wife supports that law :o. Good thing I'm a Plumber and everyone needs me, money is a must for my addiction to firearms.