FishNHard

What gun for steel matches ???

Hey All. So this past weekend  I went to do a little rifle shooting at CJRPC and seen they had the steel matches going on so I decided to watch for a bit and seem like a lot of fun so right now I own a m&p shield in 9mm and a Springfield operator in 45 so my question is . is the 45 to much and the compact to small . or does it really not matter.

John 

While either gun is not "ideal" in my opinion , either will work

all you need is a holster, and at least 5 magazines.

Shoot whatever you are comfortable with. 

There is usually a " compact " division

Shooting factory .45 acp ammo is probably a bit much though, all you need to do is " ding " the steel. Lots of people use 9mm / 38 / .40 , but there are a bunch of people who hand load 45s for steel challenge. 

good luck

Of those two, definitely the Springer. I shot my first couple matches with a TRP with factory ammo and had a blast. I'd suggest using what you got for a few matches and see if it's something you really enjoy. If so, look into reloading and maybe even a 9mm 1911. I use a S&W 1911 Pro Series in 9mm now with my own loads and there really is a huge difference.

Of those two, definitely the Springer. I shot my first couple matches with a TRP with factory ammo and had a blast. I'd suggest using what you got for a few matches and see if it's something you really enjoy. If so, look into reloading and maybe even a 9mm 1911. I use a S&W 1911 Pro Series in 9mm now with my own loads and there really is a huge difference.

still cant hit **** though 

:maninlove:  :maninlove:  :maninlove:  :maninlove:  :maninlove: