Fallen Knight

Magazine limit at 15 rounds

They're pushing hard in the news today how that shooter yesterday was tackled when his 5 round shotgun was being reloaded. I wouldn't be surprised to see that as justification that 5 rounds is the new new new magic number.

Didn't the tackler also have pepper spray which helped incapacitate the shooter? I'm sure that had something to do with it. Ignoring the fact tht reloading a shotgun is usually completely different and more time consuming than replacing a mag.

Didn't the tackler also have pepper spray which helped incapacitate the shooter? I'm sure that had something to do with it. Ignoring the fact tht reloading a shotgun is usually completely different and more time consuming than replacing a mag.

Precisely.  Plus, the shotgun shooter might be able to do a "tactical" reload of one or two shells and come back up firing just to push back whomever might be approaching them... :facepalm:

Precisely. Plus, the shotgun shooter might be able to do a "tactical" reload of one or two shells and come back up firing just to push back whomever might be approaching them... :facepalm:

Lol, I do that during September goose season, one finger free for the trigger the rest are holding shells to drop in when the mag is empty.

When has the other side ever burdened themselves with all the facts?   :preved:

As others have said, you will have 180 days to bring the magazines into compliance or get rid of them. 

What will actually happen is another story. I suspect most people will simply do nothing. Some will actively not comply and say, "come and take them."

Yeah, right.

We've been through this before. How many people you know with 30 round mags now? Or Colt AR-15s, AKs, etc?

You'll figure out afte a couple years that it's not worth the risk of jail to take it outside your house. And you'll either get rid of them or have a ticking timebomb hidden in your basement that will be found when one of your kids or teachers calls DHSS and says you have guns and they are scared.

Then you go to jail.

Why does my spidey senses tell me CC will let his 'veto' sunset and put his tail between his legs. Then, tell rest of country it was the democraps in NJ that did it. Burying the obvious in myriads of details and procedural red tape hiding his record on not being offensively Pro-2A in order to try to 'not have to explain it' to America.

Why does my spidey senses tell me CC will let his 'veto' sunset and put his tail between his legs. Then, tell rest of country it was the democraps in NJ that did it. Burying the obvious in myriads of details and procedural red tape hiding his record on not being offensively Pro-2A in order to try to 'not have to explain it' to America.

Christie is in such bad shape due to to his Ego and loud mouth he's painted himself into a corner with the budgets, pension issues, double dipping friends, and investigations he has little wiggle room left. 

I have the feeling he used this as a bargaining chip with Sweeney and yes, it will just pass due to his inaction. 

That would mean he gives not one shit about our votes for whatever he runs for next

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what might be "next" after this, for him, if not the White House. But there might be "next things" for his cronies, and we need to remind him of that.

If he doesn't think he has a chance at this point, then he may very well let it lapse. If he still has any hope for the White House, or hopes for any of his pals, he'd best veto it unconditionally. 

That would mean he gives not one shit about our votes for whatever he runs for next

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

He doesnt, he's a politician.   He is fighting for his political life and only cares about what's immediately in front of him.

I bet there will be a hot demand by the criminal element to take them off our hands for a nice profit. OR Instead of a gun buy back program they should set up a magazine buy back then! ... Just thinking off the top of my head.

I would rather hand them to a drug dealer than give them to the state.  It wont make any difference in crime.

I remain optimistic Christie will veto but is "timing" his action.  I suspect he may veto the bill right before the 4th of July when most people are distracted from the news cycle.  Obviously, if he strongly felt that this was a good law, he'd have signed it right away with great fanfare and probably would have had some Newtown parents standing behind him as he did so.  In other words, if he was going to allow this to become law, why not squeeze as much positive press coverage and political captial out of it as he can? 

He gains nothing by just allowing the bill to quitely become law without his input.  He gets no positive press from the gun grabbers, no credit for the law, and infuriates the law abiding gun owners in the process.  On the other hand, a quiet veto right before the holiday causes the smallest negative splash in the press and bolsters his red state credentials if he runs for President in 2016.  Beyond this, the Republicans in the Legislature took a strong and for the most part united stand against this bill and he'd be cutting them off at the knees if he leaves them hanging.

He gains nothing by just allowing the bill to quitely become law without his input.  He gets no positive press from the gun grabbers, no credit for the law, and infuriates the law abiding gun owners in the process.  On the other hand, a quiet veto right before the holiday causes the smallest negative splash in the press and bolsters his red state credentials if he runs for President in 2016.  Beyond this, the Republicans in the Legislature took a strong and for the most part united stand against this bill and he'd be cutting them off at the knees if he leaves them hanging.

But, (and especially in light of the most recent shootings), if he vetoes it, he also risks a ton of negative karma from the gun grabbers and, especially, the MSM and "anti" social media outlets, who will  keep the pressure up well into the holiday and after it's over.  It's a tough risk/benefit calculation for him.

Still, fair point about his not having signed it yet. If he was really in favor of it, he'd have done it by now.  Helluva tightrope he's walking...

LOL ;)

Yeah, that's way more reliable. Ask them some more questions about NJ gun laws and politics. That's where I go! ;)

I'm not looking for "accuracy/reliability." I'm looking for "activity." It's totally quiet, right now. If CC has taken action on this, then it hasn't been announced yet. I'd expect at least one tweet from the Office of the Gov., followed by a bunch of tweets from all sides.  So far, nothing but crickets...

I'm not looking for "accuracy/reliability." I'm looking for "activity." It's totally quiet, right now. If CC has taken action on this, then it hasn't been announced yet. I'd expect at least one tweet from the Office of the Gov., followed by a bunch of tweets from all sides.  So far, nothing but crickets...

You heard it here first :)