Newtonian

Concealed Carry, DC-Style

You know the story. A court ruled that DC must issue concealed carry permits. There was a temporary stay to allow the district to figure out what to do. Would it go the way of Illinois or New Jersey?

This is the future here if lightning should strike in a Federal court near you: http://goo.gl/WsLzf2

Applicants must first convince the police chief that they have a "good reason" to carry. Har har har. She'll turn into a man and back again before that happens. But let's say it does; we have after all reached the post-sexual era. Then they must undergo SIXTEEN HOURS of safety training and two hours of range training. Yes folks, THREE DAYS of B.S. That is, if you can convince the chief that you have a "good reason."

If NJ is ever ordered to clean up its act you can expect even more ludicrous roadblocks. Sixteen hours of training? Kid stuff. Why not 100 hours? A full-month boot camp on gun safety and diversity training, then a shooting test where you have to put 10 consecutive rounds through a hole in a 3-inch washer at 100 yards. 

This is why I say over and over and over that the only way to change this is through the legislature, and the only way to achieve that is by targeting vulnerable districts. 

There are also no instructors deemed qualified to run the safety training.

Right. Nobody in Virginia, Maryland, etc. 

The law means nothing to those people. They are not only above the law, they are the law.

The only CCW that will ever happen in NJ will be with an unrestricted federal reciprocity law and that will have to be passed before the next presidential election.   If it does not than we will not see the 2A in NJ for much longer,  Once Christie is out the next Governor (Sweeny, Fulop, Wiesniewski  .....) will pass so much anti-gun legislation we will all wish and probably feel like we are living in Moscow in 1937.  

The only way to win or should I say not lose an election is in the party primary.   since only about 10% of registered voters vote in the primary's it is possible to select that party's candidate.  If all and I mean ALL gun owners/Americans/patriots ( hunters and skeet shooters take notice, they're coming for your over and unders and bird guns next ) change their affiliation to undeclared and vote out the incumbent democrat in a vulnerable district  than we might stand a chance.   The challenger might not be any better but it will get the incumbent out and might be easier to beat in the general election.   Wouldn't it be nice to give the fifth columnists like Weinberg, Cryan, et al. the boot.    On this November 4th we will see if there is any hope for the United States of America.   Remember the road to a win begins by selecting the battlefield, keep the enemy on the defensive.  And make no mistake, They ARE the enemy!

I HATE TO sound tinfoil hat like.....but i don't think we'll get rid of dumbocrats here. i truly think the elections are rigged.

in normal thinking........many hunters have no clue what's going on, 'cause what's been happening doesn't affect them yet it seems......

As long as they keep passing small anti-gun laws, I see no end because everybody only cares about laws that affect them directly.

• I don't own a black rifle so I'm not getting involved if there's an assault weapon ban.
  • My shotgun only holds 5 shells so the 10 round mag limit won/t affect me.
  • I only buy my ammo at the local gun shop so a ban on internet purchases isn't my problem.
  • I only shoot at my range on Saturdays so making it illegal to transport my handgun to a friends farm doesn't hurt me.
  • I never bought a gun from a private seller so making private sales illegal is fine with me.

etc. etc. etc. until it's all gone one little law at a time.

Once, we got 500 or so gun owners to show up in Trenton- seems like a lot until you realize there are almost 1 million gun owners in NJ.

As long as they keep passing small anti-gun laws, I see no end because everybody only cares about laws that affect them directly.

• I don't own a black rifle so I'm not getting involved if there's an assault weapon ban.
  • I only buy my ammo at the local gun shop so a ban on internet purchases isn't my problem.
  • I only shoot at my range on Saturdays so making it illegal to transport my handgun to a friends farm doesn't hurt me.
  • I never bought a gun from a private seller so making private sales illegal is fine with me.

Once, we got 500 or so gun owners to show up in Trenton- seems like a lot until you realize there are almost 1 million gun owners in NJ.

Hate the term because I hate labeling people. I understand we need to stick together......but.....did you just describe the textbook FUDD

Absolutely true.  They realize they could never do it all at once, so they just keep incrementally tightening the noose.

Couldn't we get people to run as Democrats, say during their campaign that they are going to vote for stricter gun laws, then just turn around and vote against them?  The other side lies as much as is necessary to further their agenda.  Can't see any reason why we shouldn't do the same.

There was talk of running some pro gun candidates as democrats over a year ago.  Nothing ever came of it.  It would have to be done in secret so maybe it's in the works and I'm just not privy to the information.

But yes, I think it's a great idea.  Sleeper cells of constitution loving democrats in the state house ready to spring into action.

The only CCW that will ever happen in NJ will be with an unrestricted federal reciprocity law and that will have to be passed before the next presidential election.   If it does not than we will not see the 2A in NJ for much longer,  Once Christie is out the next Governor (Sweeny, Fulop, Wiesniewski  .....) will pass so much anti-gun legislation we will all wish and probably feel like we are living in Moscow in 1937.  

The only way to win or should I say not lose an election is in the party primary.   since only about 10% of registered voters vote in the primary's it is possible to select that party's candidate.  If all and I mean ALL gun owners/Americans/patriots ( hunters and skeet shooters take notice, they're coming for your over and unders and bird guns next ) change their affiliation to undeclared and vote out the incumbent democrat in a vulnerable district  than we might stand a chance.   The challenger might not be any better but it will get the incumbent out and might be easier to beat in the general election.   Wouldn't it be nice to give the fifth columnists like Weinberg, Cryan, et al. the boot.    On this November 4th we will see if there is any hope for the United States of America.   Remember the road to a win begins by selecting the battlefield, keep the enemy on the defensive.  And make no mistake, They ARE the enemy!

Oh so you're suggesting we actually fkucking vote? What a unique concept. Has anyone else on these borards suggested that tactic? Lemme think....

There was talk of running some pro gun candidates as democrats over a year ago.  Nothing ever came of it.  It would have to be done in secret so maybe it's in the works and I'm just not privy to the information.

But yes, I think it's a great idea.  Sleeper cells of constitution loving democrats in the state house ready to spring into action.

Talk about tin foil. Zirconium encrusted tweezers. 

I hear you but you realize pal that they have to win the primaries. Right?

School board elections often get votes in alphabetical order.  Nobody typically knows who's on the local school board or who's running.  Many people just skip that category and vote only for president, senators, mayors, etc.

But those who do vote often vote for the first guy listed in a particular party.  It could be possible to win primaries in districts with politicians who are not a household name.  We need to run candidates with last names starting with A.

Primaries also get so few votes that two dozen votes can swing a district.   If we can get an extra 100 people out to vote for a particular candidate, that may be all that's needed.

With careful analysis of prior year's voting turnout, I think it's viable.

If I change jobs I can run for office. That may happen. I am getting to the point of being just damn fed up... but there is an outside chance I might be moving out of NJ (not my first choice mind you). 

Exactly. That's the typical Fudd mentality. They hurt the 2A cause rather than help.