vladtepes

please someone with a brain explain this (healthcare fee)

Thank god for workmans comp! My back injury total cost after 1 year of PT 3 days a week, 3 injections, all the imaging, DR visits, a 5 hour surgery and 3 months of disability was almost 1 million bucks. And I did not lawyer up and sue even though my back is now shot for life and I was more or less forced to quit my job and start a new profession. I had no health insurance at the time of my injury but it happened on the job in front of my boss so it did not cost me a penny money wise. 

The fukcen medical industry is totally out of control. Completely insane. Nobody knows the price of anything until it's time to bill you. Then they "know" that a couple of clean rags are worth $180. With a nurse maybe $680. Insane. 

^ as long as you make an attempt to pay they can't do anything regardless of what you have. 1 dollar a month and the hospital can't do a thing

Total BS. The provider does not have to accept monthly payments if they don't want to. They can demand it in full and if you can't pay it in full then they turn it over to a collection agency. 

^ as long as you make an attempt to pay they can't do anything regardless of what you have. 1 dollar a month and the hospital can't do a thing

Yep..... totally true....

As long as you make at least some monthly payment..... they cannot send you to collection...

took me 2 years to pay off my arm surgery ..... 

Total BS. The provider does not have to accept monthly payments if they don't want to. They can demand it in full and if you can't pay it in full then they turn it over to a collection agency.

then why did my bill not get sent to collections when I was unable to pay it my bill after having a piece of metal removed from my eye and did not have medical insurance? some months all I paid was 1 dollar other months it was allot more. I paid what ever I could afford each month and was never sent to collections and not only did it NOT hurt my credit but it helped it.

then why did my bill not get sent to collections when I was unable to pay it my bill after having a piece of metal removed from my eye and did not have medical insurance? some months all I paid was 1 dollar other months it was allot more. I paid what ever I could afford each month and was never sent to collections and not only did it NOT hurt my credit but it helped it.

Thats because your provider was OK with it. They are not legally obligated to accept monthly payments. They can but by law they cannot be forced to. Think about it. If everyone could pay $1.00 per month every hospital would be out of business.