millsan1

My new atv

Since moving to PA, I made friends with one of my neighbors who donated an ATV to the homestead. That little guy is great, but I needed something beefier for plow and work duties.

Tada!

Honda Rancher with DCT and EPS, winch, plow and 4 year warranty.

Best part is, I didn't have to beg, borrow or plead with the Mrs. She was totally behind this sensible purchase. Which may or may not be used for trail riding as well as yard duties.

Take care of it and it will last my 1995  Yamaha is garage kept with regular maintenance and still running strong for both summer spraying and winter plowing and of course the trips to  Lost Trails in Scranton.

I have a 98 rancher that is still going strong. You can't kill a Honda.

But you can steal it.

All of you, keep those suckers locked up and alarm the barn. You can get wireless motion sensor with a keypad alarm station in your house and autodialer for your cell phone for a little over $100. In case you don't want to wire it into a service monitored alarm system.

Thanx wasnt aware of this.

I wouldn't go riding it through town. But should you get stopped crossing a road someplace while out riding they can't issue no insurance and unregistered vehicle. To ride on the lake it's mandatory to be registered and ware a life Jacket.

I wouldn't go riding it through town. But should you get stopped crossing a road someplace while out riding they can't issue no insurance and unregistered vehicle. To ride on the lake it's mandatory to be registered and ware a life Jacket.

I would think wearing a life jacket on a frozen lake while riding would be common sense. A friend of mine who does ice boat racing wears a life jacket a d wetsuit.

I would think wearing a life jacket on a frozen lake while riding would be common sense. A friend of mine who does ice boat racing wears a life jacket a d wetsuit.

I would prefer if I broke through the ice not to have one on. That life jacket can kill you just as easily as it can save you. If you go under the ice it will push you up immediately, possibly not to the hole you fell through but to an ice ceiling with no opening that will cause your demise. I would prefer the ability to swim down look up and find the hole. A life Jacket makes this impossible. I ware an inflatable type that you have to pull the rip cord on to inflate once you surface for just this Reason. I don't want to be buoyant until my head is above water where I can breathe air. Breathing water sucks!

The grizz 700 is an effing beast! That thing will go anywhere i have the nutz to take it..

Im pretty sure you can cross roads legally meaning from one side to the other. In NJ unless you only ride on your own or private property you had better have

reg and ins or they can confiscate your ride.

I rolled mine last winter when i caught a rock sticking out of the ice. it hurt! Glad i had a helmet on.

I have a plow on mine  and that thing pushes some serious snow

I would prefer if I broke through the ice not to have one on. That life jacket can kill you just as easily as it can save you. If you go under the ice it will push you up immediately, possibly not to the hole you fell through but to an ice ceiling with no opening that will cause your demise. I would prefer the ability to swim down look up and find the hole. A life Jacket makes this impossible. I ware an inflatable type that you have to pull the rip cord on to inflate once you surface for just this Reason. I don't want to be buoyant until my head is above water where I can breathe air. Breathing water sucks!

I agree breathing water sucks. Your scenario of not coming up in the hole you made is plausible but if you're wearing a buoyancy device already you are not going to go down that far. Your idea of wearing an inflatable will work fine if you are sure you will not be disoriented when you hit the cold water and the strength to swim wearing your winter gear.

Just need to do what you feel is best for you.

I agree breathing water sucks. Your scenario of not coming up in the hole you made is plausible but if you're wearing a buoyancy device already you are not going to go down that far. Your idea of wearing an inflatable will work fine if you are sure you will not be disoriented when you hit the cold water and the strength to swim wearing your winter gear.

Just need to do what you feel is best for you.

I've fallen in before, more than once unfortunately. It's a shock for a few seconds but you have a few minutes of dexterity before your motor skill are restricted. I figure if your unconscious it doesn't matter if you float or not. If someone doesn't pull you from the water within a few minutes your a goner anyway.

I've fallen in before, more than once unfortunately. It's a shock for a few seconds but you have a few minutes of dexterity before your motor skill are restricted. I figure if your unconscious it doesn't matter if you float or not. If someone doesn't pull you from the water within a few minutes your a goner anyway.

Okay

Millsan, owning an atv and not trail riding is a crime just so you know. If you ever need someone to take you out lmk its my favorite hobby. 

Sounds like a plan, Stan.  I used her pretty well yesterday, hauling logs on the property.  Worked like a champ.  Need to get a log skidder, though.