Babyface Finster

Best price on heating oil

Considering it is finally cold out there, I thought it might be helpful if those of us using oil shared what we are paying and from whom. 

I just put an order in today on www.codoil.com at $2.39/gallon.  I pay COD and don't use the auto-delivery service.

My neighbor filled up yesterday at $2.84/gallon from a "full-service" company. :shok:

I'm on the auto fill with Dover oil. My neighbor calls all around and compares prices. He normally orders from Dover. You really have to watch because he got oil and I got oil from them and he paid Much less. I had to call up and rip them a new one. They adjusted the price. I have not been happy with them, but I have tank insurance with them.

I bought from COD Oil for several years. They are Meenan Oil Co billing as Valley Fuel of Morrisville PA here in Ewing.Typically the difference between oil on a service plan and cod deliveries is 60-80 cents a gallon. Last year they caused me to shop again. The best advice I have is shop, shop, shop. I have seen prices as low as $2.19 per gallon for 200 gallons. It fluctuates daily.  To get the best deal only buy when you can use at least 200 gallons. I have a 550 tank so usually wait to get 300 to 400 gallons.  It makes a difference to the mom and pop, one truck dealers.

Considering it is finally cold out there, I thought it might be helpful if those of us using oil shared what we are paying and from whom. 

I just put an order in today on www.codoil.com at $2.39/gallon.  I pay COD and don't use the auto-delivery service.

My neighbor filled up yesterday at $2.84/gallon from a "full-service" company. :shok:

holy crap!! i just took on 181 gallons dec 28 2014 at 3.85/gallon. from vaughn. guess i gotta make a phone call.