Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Australian Gun Range News Story

Exactly. Shooters cannot shoot alone, so supervised and chained to an apparatus where the gun can't be moved in any direction more than a few inches.wow...I tell ya what tho, not a bad idea set up for a brand new shooter. I can't tell you how many times a new shooter almost drops or turns their body around and gun follows.

It could be worse. I was told that in China their is a shooting range that is open to the public but each person has their own RO and the RO holds all ammo and only lets you load 1 round into the gun at a time.

he says unregistered users will be supervised and guns tethered to the bench. So I wonder whats considered a registered user? Do you shoot unsupervised and non tethered?

Good catch, no mention of this on their site, but I found another vid clip...apparently if you're licensed you're good to go, unlicensed you must be tethered to the port. What it means to be licensed in AUS(whether it be with classes ect.) I'm not sure.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/store-sets-sights-on-gun-enthusiasts/2478334/

Sunset hills in the Pocono mtns worked just like the Chinese range. I have taken a group of newbies there and frankly, not bad. For a group outing, good. Not a place for experienced shooters, avoid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sunset hills in the Pocono mtns worked just like the Chinese range. I have taken a group of newbies there and frankly, not bad. For a group outing, good. Not a place for experienced shooters, avoid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I went there once with friends on a slow day. I had a 22 and they stood around when I started shooting and left me alone once they realized I wasn't shooting the bench or anything. I appreciated that they didn't treat me like a child even though I was 19 or so.

They do have a very strict no reloads policy and checked my 22lr out of habit.