DV8EDD

Where can I look at Over/Unders?

Take a look at the Benelli 828U, at $2500 list, it's supposed to be a real fine sporting arm for the price.

I thought Field & Stream's Phil Bourjaily, summed up the Benelli 828U the best: "Benelli’s first-ever over/under, the 828U is most definitely not your father’s Superposed. It’s a fresh, 21st-century take on the O/U, long on new ideas and nontraditional materials, short on Old World handcraftsmanship. Benelli guns are designed by engineers on computers, built by machines, assembled and packed by humans, and then warehoused by a robot forklift."

I thought Field & Stream's Phil Bourjaily, summed up the Benelli 828U the best: "Benelli’s first-ever over/under, the 828U is most definitely not your father’s Superposed. It’s a fresh, 21st-century take on the O/U, long on new ideas and nontraditional materials, short on Old World handcraftsmanship. Benelli guns are designed by engineers on computers, built by machines, assembled and packed by humans, and then warehoused by a robot forklift."

I want to like it and it looks sharp but I also saw a couple questionable reviews online. I'm weary of buying a first version of certain things. An O/U might be one. Though I still want to play with it!

Kimber also makes some beautiful very fine O/U shotguns, don't count them out either.

I believe Kimber exited the O/U & S/S market after only a few years. Their imports Marias & Valier were from Turkey, made by AKUS. Overpriced by Kimber and poorly marketed, they didn't make a big splash in the States. They can be found on Gunbroker and Armslist today. Webley & Scott import the AKUS and put their name on it today, as did Cabela's. There are a couple of importers who can get you the AKUS shotgun. You can find AKUS shotgun threads on ShotgunWorld for importers.

Wow - I didn't know about that place.  That's 5 mins from my office.  I will have to check it out.

Me either. It was a three block walk from my old office at 43rd and Madison. Moot point now that I am up in the woods in New Hampshire. :)

Wow - I didn't know about that place.  That's 5 mins from my office.  I will have to check it out.

If we could go back in time to the glory years of Abercrombie & Fitch, their store on Madison Ave. was also the place to visit. (They were the Cabela's of NYC then. They had a twelve story building, and the entire 7th floor was for firearms and mounted trophies.) I went there a few times with my Dad back in the early 60's. If you research their history you'll note that their owner also purchased Griffin & Howe when they were in NYC.

http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2014/01/13/remembering-abercrombie-fitch/

Just for giggles, check out Holland & Holland in NYC. Quite the place.

https://hollandandholland.com/gun-room/about/new-york-gun-room/

Man! I used to works few blocks from there too and didn't know about it! I did get to the Beretta Store on Madison once. Very nice place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by G&H and handled a few.  nice guys in there but the prices are darn steep.  2400 for the 686 SP1. can pick it up for $500 less elsewhere.

I sure do like the feel of that Browning 725 but I think it's a tad out of the range I'm looking to spend.

Stopped by G&H and handled a few. nice guys in there but the prices are darn steep. 2400 for the 686 SP1. can pick it up for $500 less elsewhere.

I sure do like the feel of that Browning 725 but I think it's a tad out of the range I'm looking to spend.

Interesting, I went with a buddy maybe a year ago, and he paid pretty much what your idea of a fair price is for the 686 SP. About $1,900 if I recall correctly. Almost positive it was new, too.

Interesting, I went with a buddy maybe a year ago, and he paid pretty much what your idea of a fair price is for the 686 SP. About $1,900 if I recall correctly. Almost positive it was new, too.

In fairness I'm sure they'd work with the price a little. They mentioned being able to maybe work with the taxes charged.

They had a SP1 from last year without the 'ribbing' between the barrels and that was listed at 2245 I think.

Either way they were real nice folks. If the price was a little closer I'd have walked away with one that day.

Stopped by G&H and handled a few.  nice guys in there but the prices are darn steep.  2400 for the 686 SP1. can pick it up for $500 less elsewhere.

Is it possible the $2400 was for the adjustable comb version? That is what they go for at Etchen guns. 

Is it possible the $2400 was for the adjustable comb version? That is what they go for at Etchen guns. 

No, it was definitely the standard version SP1 Sporting.  That's actually what MSRP is on the Beretta website so I guess they start at MSRP and work their way down when negotiating.

Those Brownings have a crap load of variations of that model and the prices are all over the place. So $2400 could be a rip off or a steal depending on which one

The Browning was actually more like $3100.  It was the 725 Sporting (the one they had on hand that is).  Felt nice for a guy with big hands.

No, it was definitely the standard version SP1 Sporting. That's actually what MSRP is on the Beretta website so I guess they start at MSRP and work their way down when negotiating.

The Browning was actually more like $3100. It was the 725 Sporting (the one they had on hand that is). Felt nice for a guy with big hands.

You can get the non-adjustable comb for under $2600 all day long on GunBroker. You can get adjustable for around $2800.

By the way, the more I shoot my Beretta A400 Xcel, the more I want to leave my Beretta 682 in the closet. I remember asking Anthony Matarese jr for advice on what gun to buy for sporting clays. He told me the A400, but at the time I had my heart set on an Over Under. Wheels in my brain are turning now...

His school aim uses beretta. Beretta comes to his events also

http://njgunforums.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432595112.314574.jpg

Today I ordered this

http://njgunforums.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432595149.483644.jpg

Sean, did you get the GunPod and Kickoff? If I ever buy this gun in 12gauge, i will have to consider it. It does make stock adjustments, especially for LOP, more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://shop2.gzanders.com/beretta-a400-xcel-sporting-ko-12ga-3-30-vr-ct3-blue-walnut.html

I got this one

Not doesn't have the gun pod listed. I felt I'd use kick off more so I went with this one I don't know if they offer both on the same gun from the factory

http://shop2.gzanders.com/beretta-a400-xcel-sporting-ko-12ga-3-30-vr-ct3-blue-walnut.html

I got this one

Not doesn't have the gun pod listed. I felt I'd use kick off more so I went with this one I don't know if they offer both on the same gun from the factory

Nice. I wAs shooting some heavy stuff (3" shells, etc) through my 20gauge for breakin , and my shoulder was more than a wee bit sore the next day. I think you'll be happy with the kick off.