Sign in to follow this  
fadigi

The Meaning of Memorial Day

I had a usmc vet at my nursery today. He was in the forgotten war. Korea. Hes about 80 now. Told me some stories. He lived. Many of his friends didnt. He still suffers from frostbite damage on his feet. Lets never forget these men that were willing to give their lives for us and our constitution.from what i hear. My unit Golf battery lost about 75 percent of the men. They were so close to doing away with us but they kept us anyway. Its this stuff that makes us proud americans. Fighting for our freedom and liberty. Thank your enlisted or officers tomorrow and everyday. As you know. We could be speaking german or japanese right now. God bless america !!!!!!

I had a usmc vet at my nursery today. He was in the forgotten war. Korea. Hes about 80 now. Told me some stories. He lived. Many of his friends didnt. He still suffers from frostbite damage on his feet. Lets never forget these men that were willing to give their lives for us and our constitution.from what i hear. My unit Golf battery lost about 75 percent of the men. They were so close to doing away with us but they kept us anyway. Its this stuff that makes us proud americans. Fighting for our freedom and liberty. Thank your enlisted or officers tomorrow and everyday. As you know. We could be speaking german or japanese right now. God bless america !!!!!!

Ed,

Thank you for your service sir! Semper Fi!!!

Perhaps no one described Memorial Day in just a few sentences better than Ronald Reagan at Arlington National Cemetery in 1986:

“Today is the day we put aside to remember fallen heroes and to pray that no heroes will ever have to die for us again. It's a day of thanks for the valor of others, a day to remember the splendor of America and those of her children who rest in this cemetery and others. It's a day to be with the family and remember.”