T Bill

Tase Me 'Bro It's a Fundraiser

An Iowa town is selling $5 raffle tickets for a chance to taser a local city official.  I just wonder how much money we could raise for a chance to taser someone really important, sell the rights to the video as well.  Sounds like a great way to balance the budget.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2015/06/30/van-meter-raffle-offers-chance-taser-city-official/29508867/

I am not concerned with the device causing any heart issues - unless they decide to zap someone strung out on coke, or with a severe pre-existing medical condition, it shouldn't be a problem. Tasers don't work that way.

My WOW is from a use of force standpoint. What's next - win a raffle and take a hit of OC or a baton strike?

I'm am printing this out and keeping it in my file for court. If I ever have to testify for using a Taser in someone, this is getting entered into evidence.

"Your honor, people volunteered to be tased by people who won a raffle. It can't be as bad as the defendant is making out. It is certainly not as bad a other compliance techniques I could have used. No one is volunteering to be put in an armbar or getting bit by a K9."

Journalist volunteered to be water boarded so they could write about how "terrible" it was. The mentally ill still say it is so bad.

I didn't see any of them volunteer for bamboo under the fingernails.

You of all people should know you've met people that "volunteered" to be waterboarded. You've undoubtedly worked with many of them.

huh? Don't understand that at all

I've spent "quality time" with military pilots that were presumably future commercial pilots. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of former military pilots in the commercial airline business. There certainly were in the past few decades and all of my life, unless something changed. A lot of them received all sorts of training that a military pilot or personnel working deep inside enemy lines might need. Ask around.

I've spent "quality time" with military pilots that were presumably future commercial pilots. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of former military pilots in the commercial airline business. There certainly were in the past few decades and all of my life, unless something changed. A lot of them received all sorts of training that a military pilot or personnel working deep inside enemy lines might need. Ask around.

lol. Ok. I misunderstood. I thought you meant the journalists.

Yeah, I'm all civilian, but being that I fly helicopters, many of the people I've worked with over the last 25+ yrs were ex-military.