Sign in to follow this  
homewrecker07

Hightower Armory 90/22 stock for Ruger 10/22 Legal in NJ?

Was wondering if this stock is legal in NJ. I visited the branchburg Heritage Guild looking for a 10/22 to mod and was informed they basically stopped selling 10/22 AR style stocks and was threaten with getting their license pulled because of them. I wonder if this stock would apply also.

http://www.hightowerarmory.com/default.asp

It seems it would only check 1 of the evils for "maybe" having a pistol style grip or the plastic shroud over the barrel might be another.

Thoughts?

It's legal. I'd argue that isn't a pistol grip but others might. Save yourself the money and pick up a sweet Boyd's wood stock if you want to pimp your 22

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edit to add. I don't shop at heritage anymore

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJGF members in chat (2)

•  

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Maksim
      Finally had the chance to spend a good amount of time with the gun.  At this price point, there is no reason not to get one!

• By Maksim
      Some of you were aware or may have caught my post discussing some long range guns.
      Early last week I had the pleasure of being flown out to the middle of nowhere in Texas, to the FTW Ranch, to shoot some upcoming rifles in a joint event with Ruger, Leupold and Hornady. 
      Most of the guns I have shot are not yet released and cannot talk about them, but one of them, I can.  It is the Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target in 6.5 PRC.  The gun was released at Shot Show, earlier this year and is now available in 300 Win Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC.  
      The event was really a 3 day shooting class where we used the new firearms.  They were brand new, and in a few cases prototypes.  They were production guns, not messed with and were straight out of the boxes.  We shot the guns at ranges from 250 to 2,300 yards with Hornady match ammo.  The optics were Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 scopes.
      Working on the full video but here is a teaser of me shooting it at 1,200 and 1,400 yards.  1st shot hit on 1,200, took 2 on 1,400.  Unfortunately did not hit at 1,600 as the round was no longer supersonic and the winds were hell.
      I was just blown away personally, that a gun with a $1,279 MSRP and a $1,000 or so street price was good enough to maintain sub MOA at those distances.

• By Maksim
      Pretty dang good deal for $99 with free shipping.  Lower Parts Kit with trigger group along with a buffer tube, buffer, Magpul MOE stock and pistol grip.  Will need to put a pin in to fix for NJ. 
      Link

Mil-Spec MOE Stock: A drop-in replacement buttstock using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. Rubber butt-pad which prevents shoulder slippage. 
      MOE Trigger Guard: A drop-in replacement rear trigger guard. Features "V" shape for better use of gloves, non-folding, with round edges. 
      MOE+ AR-15 Pistol Grip: combines reinforced polymer body construction with comfortable, wrap-around over-molding for maximum weapon control.
      PSA Classic Lower Parts Kit: Provides the part necessities to assemble your AR lower. By Palmetto State Armory. 
      Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly: 7075 aluminum with buffer springs  
      Link to PSA
    • By medved11
      I have the following two guns up for sale on consignment at Howell Gun Works. The rifle is in excellent condition and only seen very light use. The only reason that I'm selling it is that I want to raise funds for a custom build:
      Ruger .308 Gunsite Scout Rifle:
      SOLD Approximate round count is 120 Comes with: One 10 round steel magazine XS Sights Extended Rail (+factory scout rail and rear sight) Ruger factory scope rings Wilderness Tactical Rhodesian sling LOP spacers Griffen Armament Paladin 2-port brake (+ factory brake and thread protector) Manual As mentioned above, the rifle is on consignment with Howell Gun Works, so the sale would be done directly through them. Pictures are available on their Facebook page (see screenshot below):

• By IkeBrof1ovski
      So I've got my FID and am looking to purchase a replica MP40 airgun for target practice. This is the gun in question I'm particularly looking at https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_Legends_MP40_CO2_BB_Submachine_Gun/4312
      The gun itself is capable of full auto firing at roughly 450fps. It also includes a 52rd pellet mag. I've read up on the airgun laws and know that airguns are considered firearms under NJ state law, so does that mean every firearm law applies to airguns also or are there exceptions to them where you can purchase any airgun as long as you have an FID?
      Thanks

Important Information