Sign in to follow this  
NJGF

The L.G.B.T. Case for Guns

The New York Times OP-Ed

The L.G.B.T. Case for Guns

"This is a call to L.G.B.T. people to take their own defense seriously, and to question the left-leaning institutions that tell them guns are bad, and should be left to the professionals. Become a professional. You’re allowed. That’s what the Second Amendment is for. We can fight back when our lives depend on it."

• Like 1

No-one's responded. I feel bad for you, OP. Let me take a swing.

Gee when you said "case" I thought you meant an actual container made from dildos that stores guns.

I read "LGBT" and I immediately thought of lunch.

NY Times, really?

I think that was a pretty decent writing creation. And could encourage some serious discussion, hopefully, by the l.g.b.t.  community.

I especially like the idea of getting training, and acceptance of the fact that the police, while they do as good a job as could be hoped for in many cases, simply can't respond fast enough to make the real difference.

Just one opinion, worth about as much as you paid for it.

OK. I'll play, too...

That community has been more targeted, abused and beat upon probably than any other... arguably, they wear a target on their backs. (Of course, what happens here is positively mild compared to some other areas of the world). Still, my only surprise is that they haven't seriously considered armed self-protection before now.

The idea is certainly going to get traction among some, I'm sure. Did you hear about this? A Texas range reached out to the community with an offer of free training - got a huge response apparently: https://theextract.net/2016/06/25/texas-gun-range-offers-free-course-for-lgbt-community-sees-record-attendance/

A former employer of my wife, a flamboyant homosexual, has owned inherited firearms for many years. He's carried a snubby illegally for as long as she's known him.  His rationale is that no one is going to beat him for sport because he's gay. He shouldn't even need to ask for "permission" from the running dog enforcers of the political class, inevitably denied, to do that.

Still, my only surprise is that they haven't seriously considered armed self-protection before now.

They have but it has not generally known. One of the original plaintiffs in the Heller case was Tom Palmer an openly gay man

Also the Pink Pistols filed an amicus brief in the Heller case

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/07-290_amicus_pink_pistols.pdf

They have but it has not generally known. One of the original plaintiffs in the Heller case was Tom Palmer an openly gay man

Also the Pink Pistols filed an amicus brief in the Heller case

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/07-290_amicus_pink_pistols.pdf

Ahhh... I did not know about this at all. Interesting. Thank you for the info! 

OK. I'll play, too...

That community has been more targeted, abused and beat upon probably than any other... arguably, they wear a target on their backs. (Of course, what happens here is positively mild compared to some other areas of the world). Still, my only surprise is that they haven't seriously considered armed self-protection before now.

The idea is certainly going to get traction among some, I'm sure. Did you hear about this? A Texas range reached out to the community with an offer of free training - got a huge response apparently: https://theextract.net/2016/06/25/texas-gun-range-offers-free-course-for-lgbt-community-sees-record-attendance/

They are actually one of the most coddled groups in the history of coddling. But if Orlando helps change their perspective on this one liberal fetish then more power to them. Too bad it took all those deaths and not simple common sense.

• Like 2

They are actually one of the most coddled groups in the history of coddling. But if Orlando helps change their perspective on this one liberal fetish then more power to them. Too bad it took all those deaths and not simple common sense.

Careful there, I'm afraid this phrase is going to become one of those "politically incorrect" utterances.

Not as you used it, perhaps, but someone looking to google such phrasing might stumble on it by accident, and mistakenly associate you  with the "wrong" side.

Careful there, I'm afraid this phrase is going to become one of those "politically incorrect" utterances.

Not as you used it, perhaps, but someone looking to google such phrasing might stumble on it by accident, and mistakenly associate you  with the "wrong" side.

I don't know what you mean. 

I don't know what you mean. 

In the immortal words of our esteemed leader (koff koff) Mrs. Clinton, "simple common sense gun control laws to reduce gun violence".

Having read a little of your postings, I know you wouldn't want to be lumped into the same category with her on this point.

A former employer of my wife, a flamboyant homosexual, has owned inherited firearms for many years. He's carried a snubby illegally for as long as she's known him.  His rationale is that no one is going to beat him for sport because he's gay. He shouldn't even need to ask for "permission" from the running dog enforcers of the political class, inevitably denied, to do that.

My kind of guy. Well, sortof, like in a platonic way. He's doing what few of us have the guts to do.

In the immortal words of our esteemed leader (koff koff) Mrs. Clinton, "simple common sense gun control laws to reduce gun violence".

Having read a little of your postings, I know you wouldn't want to be lumped into the same category with her on this point.

OK I get it now.

I mean the words in their actual literal sense. As we know nothing emanating from that shit-hole known as her mouth is true except by accident. When she says "simple" she's reducing a complex issue to banal slogans to serve her purposes. When she says "common sense" she means the lies that prop her own ugly old sow elite money-grubbing self-serving worldview, not the actual sensibilities that make the world go 'round. Everything that c**t says is false in some way. Everything. If she stated that today was Thursday I'd double-check the calendar.

• Like 2

OK I get it now.

I mean the words in their actual literal sense. As we know nothing emanating from that shit-hole known as her mouth is true except by accident. When she says "simple" she's reducing a complex issue to banal slogans to serve her purposes. When she says "common sense" she means the lies that prop her own ugly old sow elite money-grubbing self-serving worldview, not the actual sensibilities that make the world go 'round. Everything that c**t says is false in some way. Everything. If she stated that today was Thursday I'd double-check the calendar.

Sorry if I was a little too obtuse before.

Ahhh, I see you have put on your "diplomatic" hat now, good!  :haha:

Nice to know I'm not alone in my thinking, and you confirm my impression of you, only with a wee bit more temper than I have noticed in the past. Maybe it's the fact that your sig pic wears the grey, but I do like how you think.