Sign in to follow this  
InFamous

Looking for used handgun. Morris/Sussex County.

I'm looking for something Sub $200. Just wanna burn a P2P I have. Anything used but in decent shape. What shops are in my area carry some used stuff I can look at tomorrow? 

I'd let the permit expire, but wife owes me a cheap Anniversary gift so might as well make it a pistol if I can LOL

It started raining earlier when I was looking to go out. Then I got distracted, by beer...and women's volleyball. Mostly beer...now I'm watching the crazy dude climbing Trump Tower. So I'll check them out my next day off which is Tuesday.

I didn't realize Red Dot was literally down the street from me. So I am tentatively planning on going to Red Dot, Andover, probably will skip Simon Peter (not a fan), Skylands, and then I'll also check out Tristate Firearms. Out of the 4 I've only been to Andover so it'll be nice to stop in to some new shops.

Does Ramsey Outdoor in Succasunna carry anything used? I don't remember ever seeing anything there, but I don't go in there too often. 

They used to have consignment stuff there occasionally, but I haven't been there in a while, not sure if they still do.  If so, they probably still have that derringer that (I think) has been there since I got my FID in 2011.  I used to shop there often, but their prices seem to be on the high side (or were, last times I was there).

Whatever they did have, it was maybe 5% of their inventory.

Hackettstown guns & ammo may have used stuff, I know I've seen some used rifles there in the past.  Not sure about pistols - may wanna stop by or call.  HGA has become my go-to shop these days, though I'm not really looking at/for much used stuff.

They used to have consignment stuff there occasionally, but I haven't been there in a while, not sure if they still do.  If so, they probably still have that derringer that (I think) has been there since I got my FID in 2011.  I used to shop there often, but their prices seem to be on the high side (or were, last times I was there).

Whatever they did have, it was maybe 5% of their inventory.

Hackettstown guns & ammo may have used stuff, I know I've seen some used rifles there in the past.  Not sure about pistols - may wanna stop by or call.  HGA has become my go-to shop these days, though I'm not really looking at/for much used stuff.

Oh yeah! I gotta include them in my trip for sure. Nice hole in the wall shop and has always been really nice every time I go in there.

They did my VP9 transfer and my wifes Mossberg .22 Blaze rifle transfer.

Lots of shops around but i'm really curious about what is out there for less than $200. I've seen some nice deals but nothing that cheap. What am I missing?

Used .22lr pistols

Pellet/bb guns

Cheap to medium 25 acp pocket guns

Depends on the day. Sometimes you can score.

My next day off isn't until Tuesday, and my permit expires Monday. Thanks for the offer though Oakridgefirearms! I'll have to add you on my tour of stores in my area when I do it.

My next day off isn't until Tuesday, and my permit expires Monday. Thanks for the offer though Oakridgefirearms! I'll have to add you on my tour of stores in my area when I do it.

Definitely do so, Tom is a great guy. I've bought a few guns from him. Dan did you get the permit extended? they will do that usually if you bring it back to the town. They give you another 90 days.

Definitely do so, Tom is a great guy. I've bought a few guns from him. Dan did you get the permit extended? they will do that usually if you bring it back to the town. They give you another 90 days.

Yes, this one was already extended. I'm gonna go down to the PD when I'm on my staycation in a couple weeks and apply for more. 

• Like 1