Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Who was...

Who is one of our reps that has long salt and pepper hair and was at one of the assembly meetings a year or two ago that was beating on one of the dems about signing a gun bill that had no idea what any procedures for acquiring a permit? I'm trying to find the name and the video to show someone and can't for the life of me remember who/where it was.

Please, not trying to start a discussion. Just need a link, video or something and once I acknowlege it's the correct one, the thread can be locked and or moved...

Thanks... :)

Thats the right guy. But I think those videos are older. He is more gray and he was beating on the anti scum when he said the guy has no idea on procedure and says to Carrol that whats wrong with some extra bg checks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is one of them. But he was ripping this one young guy and the guy was clueless. I'm searching all over. I believe NJ2AS had it on their site when Frank was involved, but no longer there.

Sounds like this one:

O'Donald didn't have a clue, but I think MPC was a little incorrect on a few details also.

I like Assemblyman Carroll but that was painful to watch. There was a lot of misinformation going back and forth.

eta: sorry, my brain checked out for a moment. I see you said it was the legislature…

Edited by Cereza

Assemblyman Carroll missed an opportunity to at least propose the elimination of the archaic pistol permit. The dumb ass who proposed this bill wants a secondary check beyond the FPID. This bill would do that and would make the pistol permit unnecessary. 

Just a show of hands how many would be OK with a NJ universal background check provided that it eliminates the pistol permit and I know this wasn't discussed by either party, the elimination on the one handgun a month rule?

Not trying to start a fight just curious.

By "NJ universal bachground check" youn mean a second NICS check done by NJ?

If it did away with the pistol permit scheme/process and didn' cost much I guess I would be on board. It's stupid and duplicates what NICS does but if I didn't have to apply and wait weeks (ha-ha, more like months) for permits it would make it less intrussive than current process and less time consumimg for all parties involved.

Would also help remove one of main reasons people don't apply for FIDs and permits (the hassle and possible intimidation) thus creating more legal gun owmers in NJ.

By "NJ universal bachground check" youn mean a second NICS check done by NJ?

If it did away with the pistol permit scheme/process and didn' cost much I guess I would be on board. It's stupid and duplicates what NICS does but if I didn't have to apply and wait weeks (ha-ha, more like months) for permits it would make it less intrussive than current process and less time consumimg for all parties involved.

Would also help remove one of main reasons people don't apply for FIDs and permits (the hassle and possible intimidation) thus creating more legal gun owmers in NJ.

Not a second NICS check.. Just like NY buyer and seller meet at an FFL to transfer any firearm.

That is one of them. But he was ripping this one young guy and the guy was clueless. I'm searching all over. I believe NJ2AS had it on their site when Frank was involved, but no longer there.

I think I know what you are talking about - IIRC, the "young guy" in question was an assemblyman from Hudson County who had absolutely no clue how the current laws work.  I want to say that this was sometime back in 2013, during that onslaught of anti-this and banning-that bills being pushed.

I remember watching this at work and wanting to put something through my monitor whenever the young guy spoke...

I think I know what you are talking about - IIRC, the "young guy" in question was an assemblyman from Hudson County who had absolutely no clue how the current laws work. I want to say that this was sometime back in 2013, during that onslaught of anti-this and banning-that bills being pushed.

I remember watching this at work and wanting to put something through my monitor whenever the young guy spoke...

That sounds right. He was sitting at a table to the left of the tv screen and Mike was looking down at him asking him all kinds of stuff. Look like the guy wanted to cry. I cannot find that vid anywhere. Chances its buried in this forum, but the search feature is not the greatest at times.

Has anyone considered writing to Assemblyman Carroll to ask?

That would be to ez.

Nope, this is purely a SAR Training Mission. [emoji6]