kc17

Anti fatigue mats

Anyone have them? I'm looking for the kind that interlock to cover large areas.

I'm undecided on thickness and type (pure foam, foam-rubber mix, pure rubber). I figure if the mat is too thick and dense it won't be much better than the concrete I stand on now. Too thin and it won't last or provide enough cushion.

Most of the reviews I've read on them are geared towards a gym environment. I'm looking for workshop area in my basement.

Go to Tractor Supply and buy a horse stall mat either by the sheet or by the foot your choice. Recycled rubber that lasts and does not move.  There is a store in Allentown, NJ on Route 524

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

• Like 1

I installed some interlocking ones in my toy hauler. Purchased from homer depot. I used tin snips to cut the border.

I'd estimate they are prolly 1/2" thick and heavy.

Not super soft.

I know what you mean, I can tell when I've been on concrete all day. Maybe you should be gellen?

I.

I know what you mean, I can tell when I've been on concrete all day. Maybe you should be gellen?

Like a felon?....

OP, this is what we buy for our production teams.

https://www.uline.com/BL_1751/Anti-Fatigue-Mats

They are pretty durable (should be more than enough for a home environment) and much more comfortable than concrete.  

I have these in the basement in black. Wife loves them because she hates the concrete floor. Very ez on your feet.

BLACK We Sell Mats 16 Square Ft (4 tiles + borders) Foam Interlocking Floor Square Tiles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011W2I1VY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Z3RzybHBBTZWA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T Bill, you're the second person to suggest the stall mat. For some reason the TS website always gives me fits on my tablet. I know exactly where the one you referenced is, about 5 miles from me, they've gotten lots of my money already.

Big, I should've mentioned, I have a few of those smaller ones already. The problem with them is that they shift and curl on the edges (trip hazard).

John, I was looking at those and some thicker ones on Amazon as well.

Go to Tractor Supply and buy a horse stall mat either by the sheet or by the foot your choice. Recycled rubber that lasts and does not move.  There is a store in Allentown, NJ on Route 524

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

Thanks for this - was looking for something to potentially use in the basement of the new house - I think this will work great.

I did a basement gym in 2' x 2' x 1/2" interlocking I bought from a gym equipment store.  This works great for a gym.  They are heavy.  Zero movement.  But not ideal for anti-fatigue. 

Two friends that have spent a lot of time in front of machines have told me 3/4" thick soft mats worked best for them.  But I agree the door mat sized mats look like something I'd trip over.  And in a room full of heavy woodworking equipment, that might make for a bad day.  So I never bought the mats.

• Like 1