Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Umm, snow on Friday?

My driveway is at 1250 feet and am typically colder by 5 or so degrees than even 600 feet elevation. When I see storm totals, I'm almost always at the top of the list. Friday we got a solid 6 inches of snow, no rain.

If you are at a low elevation or near a big body of water, expect to be on the lower end of the scale.

Ditto. My house is just about 1000' above sea level. I drive 5 miles down the mountain into Roxbury and they have rain sometimes. And I got 2 inches. You can watch the temperature change in the truck as you start climbing up to my house at the top. Usually about 5° colder on average.

I have a handle of Blackberry brandy in the house too! I'll be filling my flask, every tank of gas in the snow blower lol.

1 degree c per 1000 feet rule of thumb. Or is it 2.

Been awhile

If Succasunna is 20°F it's usually about 15° at my house. On a clear day from my roof in winter I can see straight across Hackettstown mtn to the gap. I'm at one of the highest points in town.

I have plenty of food, water, and coffee. Snowblower and generator have been PM'd, and I have 20 gals of gas at the ready.

Most importantly, I am well stocked with good bourbon. Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and a little Marker Mark Cask Strength.

Hopefully this shit is all cleaned up by Thursday night...I'm going to the ranch on Friday!

This forecast reminds me of how my fifth child was conceived...

7d76e8dafc6c5a735d089458771a0cd0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously you did not practice "Hall Sex" like my wife and I do. We pass each other in the hall and say, "F YOU!"

• Like 2

Ditto. My house is just about 1000' above sea level. I drive 5 miles down the mountain into Roxbury and they have rain sometimes. And I got 2 inches. You can watch the temperature change in the truck as you start climbing up to my house at the top. Usually about 5° colder on average.

I have a handle of Blackberry brandy in the house too! I'll be filling my flask, every tank of gas in the snow blower lol.

During the ice storm of Dec 2008, Vernon at 600feet was rain.   My house was a nightmare.   This link shows you the cutoff.   You can view the disaster by clicking through the nav buttons.

http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/storm08/IMG_3188.html

• Like 1

I shoulda bought booze. No way I am going out now, somebody in a mob will stab me over the last bottle of Jacquins

With that attitude, you sure you don't frequent the 295 Scenic Overlook near Bordentown?

• Like 1