Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

My recent trip to Yellowstone national park

I went out west back on the 14th of June for a 10 day trip.  Jackson, The Grand Tetons, Cody Wy and  the surrounding area and finally into Yellowstone.  It's a good trip.  If anyone is going my advice is To go while school is in.  We were on the cusp and Yellowstone was packed.  The Old Faithful and Canyon areas were a zoo.   If you are coming peak season plan hikes during the day and visit the major attractions before 8am or after 7pm.  You simply cannot park anywhere near.  

It was great though,  go if you can

I put together a vid that's a slide show with video spiced in.  You be amazed how long it took me to do this(prob 12 hours).  Had to sort and review several thousand pics and 2 hours of video from 2 dslrs, one 4k sony video camera and my Mavic drone then color correct, size everything and then stabilize the vid a bit and I'm pretty experienced in premere pro cc!

• Like 3

Very nice!  Thanks for sharing.

Now I'm homesick.  I grew up on the Idaho side of the Tetons; used to spend a lot of time there and in Yellowstone as a kid.

• Like 1

Thanks.    On the way up we drove through the Bear Lake area.  On the way back we drove through to Idaho just south of Jackson probably near where you are talking about.  I gotta say, it's flatter than Indiana!  You drive over a ridge then 15 miles of Pancake till the next ridge.  Like Indiana with mountains in the background.   Soda Springs has new mountains now...Superfund ones.  Thanks Monsanto!

45 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Thanks.    On the way up we drove through the Bear Lake area.  On the way back we drove through to Idaho just south of Jackson probably near where you are talking about.  I gotta say, it's flatter than Indiana!  You drive over a ridge then 15 miles of Pancake till the next ridge.  Like Indiana with mountains in the background.   Soda Springs has new mountains now...Superfund ones.  Thanks Monsanto!

Yep.  Idaho is the most mountainous state in the union, in terms of % of terrain that is mountainous, but the Snake River plain is dead flat.  At least the mountains are visible to the north and south of the river, and the Snake River canyon is pretty deep in places; 500' vertical where I grew up in Twin Falls, and 7400 feet below the peaks in Hells Canyon, on the far west side of the state.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 10X said:

Yep.  Idaho is the most mountainous state in the union, in terms of % of terrain that is mountainous, but the Snake River plain is dead flat.  At least the mountains are visible to the north and south of the river, and the Snake River canyon is pretty deep in places; 500' vertical where I grew up in Twin Falls, and 7400 feet below the peaks in Hells Canyon, on the far west side of the state.

Idaho falls. But that was many many moons ago.

2 hours ago, Malsua said:

I went out west back on the 14th of June for a 10 day trip.  Jackson, The Grand Tetons, Cody Wy and  the surrounding area and finally into Yellowstone.  It's a good trip.  If anyone is going my advice is To go while school is in.  We were on the cusp and Yellowstone was packed.  The Old Faithful and Canyon areas were a zoo.   If you are coming peak season plan hikes during the day and visit the major attractions before 8am or after 7pm.  You simply cannot park anywhere near.  

It was great though,  go if you can

I put together a vid that's a slide show with video spiced in.  You be amazed how long it took me to do this(prob 12 hours).  Had to sort and review several thousand pics and 2 hours of video from 2 dslrs, one 4k sony video camera and my Mavic drone then color correct, size everything and then stabilize the vid a bit and I'm pretty experienced in premere pro cc!

Soooo, America is a bitchen country don't ya think?

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Soooo, America is a bitchen country don't ya think?

Yeah,  I've been over a bunch it, kept wondering who to show my passport to cuz you wouldn't think Nj and Wy are in the same republic.   

• Like 2

I lived in Jackson for 5 years. I miss that place. I was going to take the family there this summer but it just didn't work out. Maybe next year. I've been to Yellowstone so many times that I almost feel guilty about it. Everyone should go given the opportunity. It's a special place!

16 hours ago, Michael2013 said:

Beautiful!

(And it took you ONLY 12 hours to make this video?)

Well, it took me like 10 days to record it, years to buy the gear and learn how to use it, a number of hours to sort and pack the gear, a while to back it up nightly in the event of an SD card failure, several years to get decent at Premier pro, you get the point ;).   As for the Assembly...probably 12 hours, maybe more, I'm guessing really.

Thanks though, I'm glad people can appreciate it.

• Like 1