PD2K

2nd Home Firearms Question

Hi this may be an unusual question. I recently purchased a 2nd home down the shore under my wife's name, although both of us are on the mortgage. I know you can bring and store your firearms to properties and businesses you own, but how would this particular scenario work? Thanks.

Mods feel free to move this if I posted in wrong forum.

6 hours ago, PD2K said:

Hi this may be an unusual question. I recently purchased a 2nd home down the shore under my wife's name, although both of us are on the mortgage. I know you can bring and store your firearms to properties and businesses you own, but how would this particular scenario work? Thanks.

Mods feel free to move this if I posted in wrong forum.

It's not an unusual question.  In fact it's in my wheelhouse.  I'm too tired at 9:36pm on Christmas Eve & to answer in full.  I'll write again tomorrow or Tuesday.  Tonight's food coma & pile of dishes took too much outta me.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2017 at 3:25 PM, JohnnyB said:

Transport between a residence or property you own is GTG. Hollow point ammo is another story. AFAIK.

Understood. But the caveat is that although it's my second home (which I am on the mortgage), I'm not listed on the deed. That's my confusion to prove home ownership. Is a copy of the mortgage statement and marriage certificate sufficient to prove joint-marital property?

Oh and you can transport hollow point ammo to home/range/business no problem. Same old ammo transportation rules apply: http://www.njsp.org/firearms/transport-hollowpoint.shtml

On 12/24/2017 at 9:39 PM, Smokin .50 said:

It's not an unusual question.  In fact it's in my wheelhouse.  I'm too tired at 9:36pm on Christmas Eve & to answer in full.  I'll write again tomorrow or Tuesday.  Tonight's food coma & pile of dishes took too much outta me.

Thanks appreciate it!

Is your name with address on any government issued documents, ie. tax bill, auto registration, etc? It is good enough to buy a gun, then it should be good enough to claim residency for your purpose.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Is your name with address on any government issued documents, ie. tax bill, auto registration, etc? It is good enough to buy a gun, then it should be good enough to claim residency for your purpose.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

No everything government issued is listed under our primary residence. 2nd home deeded under wife.

26 minutes ago, PD2K said:

No everything government issued is listed under our primary residence. 2nd home deeded under wife.

Santa Clause could own the property & let you live there rent free!  It's still a RESIDENCE, YOUR 2nd RESIDENCE.  If you were down on the balls of yer ass, no money, no job, no income whatsoever, you'd still be living at YOUR 2nd RESIDENCE!  You can be BROKE & still have yer RIGHTS!  And THAT my boy is all that matters!  Utility bills, mortgage, taxes, etc., etc. are all "FEEL-GOOD" for you to feel better while you cower in yer crapper worried that the Nazi's are going to kick yer door in :) .  Yes, a utility bill in your name is nice to have "just in-case" the SHTF and you have to discharge a weapon, but it's NOT REQUIRED!  "Couch-flopping" millennials can "crash" at a friends apartment for months at a time, w/o paying rent cause they're "in-between jobs & next school year" and it's still their RESIDENCE.  If there's a toothbrush & a hamper with your DNA in it, YOU LIVE THERE :) 

If you owned 3 or 4 rental properties or Strip Clubs, you could transport your UNLOADED Chiefs Special in the trunk of your sedan next to the cash box, and travel from ANY exempt location to start your midnight collection.  Upon arrival, you can pop yer trunk & load yer .38, grab the cash box and do your thing.  Upon exiting, drop the shells in yer pocket (next to yer empty speed loader), and quick throw the cash box & UNLOADED .38 in the trunk & slam it shut!  Jump in the driver's seat & proceed to the next club.  Repeat.   Then repeat again!  Then drive home with yer receipts for the day/week/month.  

LEARN HOW TO READ THE EXEMPTIONS FOR THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS!

Take care, Merry Christmas & have a Happy New Year!

Rosey

• Like 3