ChrisJM981

Winchester gun safe

I purchased a 10 gun Winchester safe from Tractor Supply Company, because I don't want to bring the heavier 24 gun one up and destroy my stairs, as I already split a tread bringing up an armoire. I entered the default code (1-2-3-4-5-6) and the safe won't open. It beeps 4 times, and there is no code for 4 beeps listed in their FAQ. I'm emailing Winchester tonight, and calling TSC in the morning. I figured I'd try here and see if anyone had a similar problem. 

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-ts-9-efl-10-gun-safe?cm_vc=-10005

44 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I purchased a 10 gun Winchester safe from Tractor Supply Company, because I don't want to bring the heavier 24 gun one up and destroy my stairs, as I already split a tread bringing up an armoire. I entered the default code (1-2-3-4-5-6) and the safe won't open. It beeps 4 times, and there is no code for 4 beeps listed in their FAQ. I'm emailing Winchester tonight, and calling TSC in the morning. I figured I'd try here and see if anyone had a similar problem. 

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-ts-9-efl-10-gun-safe?cm_vc=-10005

Is it the new model Murphy1000?  I hear with those once you put your guns in you can’t get them out. 

• Like 3

Four beeps means the code was entered incorrectly.  If it beeps four times after entering the default code, then the store may have changed the code already. Was it on the floor?  My local store changes the code to keep people out.  The owner's manual in 'pdf' is under the "INFO" tab on the page you linked to.

It was delivered to the store and the order was canceled because I didn't pick it up within 5 days (lost 1.3 days because of Christmas Eve & Christmas). I was thinking that they might have entered it into inventory and changed the code. I'll post an update once I get them on the phone. Thanks for the help.

No override key? Not a fan of that...

I would contact the store (see you are doing that), just to see if they have any record of it. But doesn’t seem like a fun way to get a safe. Just wait until you start putting guns in there and realize you don’t have enough room (always happens). Be mixing up order/position for a good chunk of a day. [emoji6]

21 minutes ago, Screwball said:

No override key? Not a fan of that...

I would contact the store (see you are doing that), just to see if they have any record of it. But doesn’t seem like a fun way to get a safe. Just wait until you start putting guns in there and realize you don’t have enough room (always happens). Be mixing up order/position for a good chunk of a day. emoji6.png

It's going to be tight. I might need to strip off some accessories. I probably should have gone with a 14 gun. 

12 hours ago, T Bill said:

Four beeps means the code was entered incorrectly.  If it beeps four times after entering the default code, then the store may have changed the code already. Was it on the floor?  My local store changes the code to keep people out.  The owner's manual in 'pdf' is under the "INFO" tab on the page you linked to.

They had it set for a floor model. Good call @T Bill.